New Direct TV Sat to launch soon.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
The Sea Launch web page now indicates that on April 16 the rocket was rolled out and erected on launch pad for final tests. On April[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] 18 we had departure of the Odyssey launch platform....We are making progress :D [/font]

I don't know why I find this launch so fascinating, but I do. Probably because they've got updates going so we can see what happens every step of the way leading up to it.

My HDTivo purchase is hinging on what they do with all this new bandwidth. Here's hoping it goes well!

The New Satellite Is For Spot Beaming Local Channels Not HD. It Will Help D* To Cover 96% Of The Country With Their Local Stations.

wbuffetta said:
The New Satellite Is For Spot Beaming Local Channels Not HD. It Will Help D* To Cover 96% Of The Country With Their Local Stations.

But what we've been lead to believe is that this will allow for some LIL's that are on 101 to be moved to the spots, freeing up bandwidth for some more HD programming. Of course with D* you won't know for sure until you see the press release.

Right. There are several issues though. 101 is broadcasting locals to several markets without using spot beams, which is a huge waste of their bandwidth. The plan is that this satellite will allow them to move these locals to spot beams on 119. Of course, that will require any subscribers in those areas with a round dish to get a new dish. D* had made it clear to them at some point that they would need the dish, but who knows what they will actually do when their customers start raising hell about it.

That free space on 101 could pick up a few HD channels for sure or it could also pick up a bunch of crappy SD stations they don't carry.

in my area I have noticed a quite a few DirecTV customers changing out their dishes for the upcoming locals, someone must be passing the word along to them.

From TivoCommunity:

Here is the break down of the D7S satellite launch early in the morning on Tuesday, May 4th.
We will broadcast the launch live from 8 am to 9:30 am EDT / 5 am to 6:30 am PDT vc 855.
the channel open up at 7 am EDT / 4 am PDT and close down at 9:30 am EDT / 6:30 am PDT.
Schedule the channel to turn off at 9:30 pm EDT / 6:30 pm PDT.

DIRECTV logo from 6 am to 8 am EDT / 3 am to 5 am PDT.
Live broadcast Material ID from 8 am to 9:30 am EDT / 5 am to 6:30 am PDT.
DIRECTV logo from 9:30 am to 10 am EDT / 6:30 am to 7 am PDT.
Replay Material ID from 10 am to 9 pm EDT / 7 am to 6 pm PDT.
DIRECTV logo from 9 pm to 5:59:59 EDT / 6 pm to 2:59:59 am PDT

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts