New DirecTV customer anyone else have dolby digitial problems?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

HorseRadish

Original poster
May 2, 2005
I get create sound in mono but every time I switch to dolby it goes haywire sometimes all background and no speech. Other times speech is real faint and the background noise makes it impossible to understand this is on a HR20-100 Also I have like 4 transponders that show a 0 is this suppose to happen?

thanks

Horse

I have the new HD-DVR receiver with optical out to a Pioneer Elite and have no problems like that. I do have an issue with two HD channels - FX and Cartoon. FX is always out of sync and Cartoon has continuous audio dropouts every 45-50 seconds. All other channels are perfect. I actually find the sound much better then what Comcast offered me in the past.

I have the new HD-DVR receiver with optical out to a Pioneer Elite and have no problems like that. I do have an issue with two HD channels - FX and Cartoon. FX is always out of sync and Cartoon has continuous audio dropouts every 45-50 seconds. All other channels are perfect. I actually find the sound much better then what Comcast offered me in the past.
Don't worry about the Cartoon Network. Everyone has audio issues with that station, so that's on D*'s end, nothing to do with your equipment.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)