New Directv HR54 and H44 models

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yes, the H44 will be marketed as a Genie Lite, upgradeable to a full Genie by adding an external hard drive (which may be a Directv branded/marketed drive only, or any external HDD, we are unsure of that as of yet).
Oh, so the potential IS there for the sub to get thier own Hard drives .... thats a GOOD move if it comes to be.

I think what's with the anonymity of the Internet, some people are surprised no further details have been released yet.

According to Redh the HR54 and H44 are running the current Genie CE firmware, so hopefully will be released after this current CE release goes public.

Also been told supposedly with current CE that attaching an E-SATA external drive even to a current genie will no longer "replace" the internal storage, but instead be addition to it, if you had an E-SATA attached previously then no change. Again just a rumor being passed down, may be completely false.

Looking to move back to Directv. Dont want to sign a contract and have to wait 2 years for a new 4k dvr. Do you all think the 4k Genie will be out soon or is it next year?

No one knows for sure but I would think they will be out later this year with all of the 4k talk from DirecTV.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Reactions: Madhatter01
FWIW, my beta test HR54 arrived a few days ago. I am unable to activate it and it came with zero documentation...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

looking for recommendation on size of PVC pipe to use...

Sam's Club commercial locks receiver

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts