New Directv Prices

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yea while it does stink they raised there rates a bit, when i go online and do comparisons to my options-Comcast and dish, even with new bill being at about 90.00 they still come lower then dish and Comcast after the intro rates (way lower then Comcast) and I was a a neighbors house on new years and wow was not impressed at all with there HD picture-Comcast that is

Plus overall happy with Direct, but as I have mentioned in the past, may have to look at what that entertainment package is all about. But if the free hd goes away if I lower the package that changes prices a bit. I guess that I a good thing with dish in that the free hd is across the board, other then welcome pack I think

Looking at DBStalk, the entertainment package is suppose to be smaller than the choice package (considering that the price is less than choice, that should be obvious.) Now we just need to know what channels will be in it.

Just wondering as I am going back and reviewing the price changes, what do you guys think about the HD charge, many of us are getting it for 24 months, since they plan to still have the HD charge, just call it something different do you think that after that 24 month period that they will not continue it and start charging again??

I know there is plenty of time before that happens, but just wondering :) Just as they have a price advantage in regards to recievers, that would be for not if free HD was not going to continue

There is no proof that they are getting rid of the 10 dollar non fee for hd so most likely it won't happen.

For most current customers who got the promo after calling in it says 24 month credit. For the 1st batch of folks those credits come up ending in June or July

The new customer promo is for life.

There is no proof that they are getting rid of the 10 dollar non fee for hd so most likely it won't happen.

Your right, no proof, but as Iceberg has says its for 24 months as it is listed like that on statements, the good thing would be for it to continue, hopefully it will...

I just got an email from DirecTV announcing the price hikes. There was a link to a PDF showing the new prices for each package. I noticed that the Choice Xtra package (to be renamed Choice Xtra Classic) is listed under the "Legacy Packages", which means they are packages no longer available for sale.

I just got an email from DirecTV announcing the price hikes. There was a link to a PDF showing the new prices for each package. I noticed that the Choice Xtra package (to be renamed Choice Xtra Classic) is listed under the "Legacy Packages", which means they are packages no longer available for sale.

That link is in this thread as well.
There are always packages that they don't see anymore.
I have had the Total Choice + since it came out, it's no longer available.

Im on autopay already but have never inquired about free hd, Im under no commintment right now if I called to get free hd would they put me on a 2 year commintment?

Does anyone know how to get in touch with Direct Tv Management? I called in at 3:45pm it's now 5:05 pm and I am still in one of their permanent ignore ques.:rant:

Does anyone know how to get in touch with Direct Tv Management? I called in at 3:45pm it's now 5:05 pm and I am still in one of their permanent ignore ques.:rant:

What number did you call? Who are you trying to contact?

I called 1-800-531-5000. Finally at 5:20pm I got to talk to some one that not only removed programing but they gave me the starz pkg with all of the channels, but to keep me as a customer because I told them I was going to cancel all of my service for the next 6 months. They will give me the Starz pkg for free and give me the outdoor channel for 1/2 price.

Well I referred Directv to a neighbor so I have a ten dollar monthly credit for the year I think, off sets the price increase a bit I guess :)

http://f.cm.directv.com/i/39/208794...PLB8fUZuaD&CMP=emc-rescus-cus-upgrd-en-newprc

I see in the attachment in the e-mail they provided that they have choice extra classic but do not list the new choice extra. Are they getting rid of choice extra all together and only offering choice, choice ultimate, and premier?

They are from what I can tell, getting rid of the TC/TC+ packages, those that are grandfathered will be effected, thats me and some others.
They are making that the Choice Classic I think and the Choice is now Choice Extra ?

Basically they are doing away with TC/TC+ and making that the name of the newer package and adding a new one.

I wonder if the packages that will become legacy packages will still be available up until Feb. 9th when the price increase kicks in. And after that I wonder if retention will be able to offer those legacy packages to those who request it. Isn't that the way it is now? Can't we get legacy packages from retention if requested ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)