New Directv Prices

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I wonder if the packages that will become legacy packages will still be available up until Feb. 9th when the price increase kicks in. And after that I wonder if retention will be able to offer those legacy packages to those who request it. Isn't that the way it is now? Can't we get legacy packages from retention if requested ?

Not that I am aware of ....

If you were to ask for TC+ they would tell you that it doesn't exist anymore, that went away when they went to the Choice packages.

So, should I still be able to switch to Select before February 9? I have Choice now and have been a customer since October 2010. OTA hasn't worked out as well I had hoped.

:(

Thanks,
Ted

So, should I still be able to switch to Select before February 9? I have Choice now and have been a customer since October 2010. OTA hasn't worked out as well I had hoped.

:(

Thanks,
Ted

Don't know, Call and ask and see what they say, then let us all know !

They are from what I can tell, getting rid of the TC/TC+ packages, those that are grandfathered will be effected, thats me and some others.
They are making that the Choice Classic I think and the Choice is now Choice Extra ?

Basically they are doing away with TC/TC+ and making that the name of the newer package and adding a new one.

Makes good sense to combine Choice Xtra and Total Choice Plus, same channels and now same price.

Total Choice, remarkably, is now 50 cents more than Choice. Since it was eliminated it was always less money with 8-10 more channels. Now those grandfathered customers still get their extra channels, but are finally paying more (even slightly), than those getting less channels.

I think the Entertainment package will be something between Select and Choice. It will still have some sports, it will include ESPN (Satracer confirmed). I think they took what they learned from using the select package with retention and testing it as a standard offering in TN and made the Entertainment package.

It's a yearley increase, no one should be surprised.....but don't wait on any new HD with that increase

were you allowed to keep the HD for free (if you had it?)

I am stuck with the $10 HD fee until November 2012 no matter what since I "downgraded" shortly after my initial install. My advice to new customers is to get the cheapest package you can at install, that way you won't lose the free HD discount.

I thought the HD fee is free for life. In reading this thread some are saying that it ends at the end of the contract, some don't even have it. Am I mistaken?

This is what shows on my bill:

HD Access - FreeHDAcc4Life ($10.00)

It was supposed to be free for life for new customers, two years for existing ones. Most of us old timers signed up around June 2010 for the free hd.

I thought the HD fee is free for life. In reading this thread some are saying that it ends at the end of the contract, some don't even have it. Am I mistaken?

I know the new subs who got the "free hd" had to be on Choice Xtra or higher to get it.

I changed my package last week from Mas Ultra to Choice Extra so I think I'm good. :)

Yeah, you're fine. I signed up May 2011 and the rule at the time to keep the Free HD was that you had to maintain an English programming package of Choice Xtra or higher or a Spanish programming package of Mas Ultra or higher.

New pricing

Got our annual price increase notice and am shocked DVR is going up a buck and Total Choice Plus is going up $4.50 from $64.49 to $68.99. Would I be better off taking one of the new packages?

What new package is most similar to Total Choice Plus with whole home DVR and HD Access?

Looks like Choice Xtra is going away too. Looks like I can choose from Choice, Choice Ultimate, or Premier. Choice Ultimate looks most like Total ChoicePlus but is $74.99, $5 more then what I'll be paying.

Last edited:
According to a CSR Supervisor the Choice Xtra and the Choice Xtra Classic will both have the same channel lineup. I asked them what is the point of the two different names if they are both the same price with the same channels. She said it is an easy way for them to determine which customers which customers signed up before Feb 9th and which did afterwards. This is for other discounts and promotions that come in the future. Plus she said it leaves more options for future channel placements with future changes and negotiation deals. For example if a future deal results in a channel being pulled off Choice Extra and placed in another package, the Choice Extra Classic maybe exempt from that.

What new package is most similar to Total Choice Plus with whole home DVR and HD Access?

Looks like Choice Xtra is going away too. Looks like I can choose from Choice, Choice Ultimate, or Premier. Choice Ultimate looks most like Total ChoicePlus but is $74.99, $5 more then what I'll be paying.
Choice Xtra is not going away. The current Choice Xtra is changing to Choice Xtra Classic and a new Choice Xtra for the same price (confirmed) and the same channel lineup (not yet confirmed, just info a CSR Supervisor told me) will take its place.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)