New directv swm 13 switch

Status
Please reply by conversation.
An SWM channel is a single transponder, not a polarity..

texasbrit said:
Yes. It's designed for commercial "loop thru" installations, see http://forums.solidsignal.com/docs/The New DRE.pdf It's been around since earlier this year...

Yea but it's still possible to use in residential installations.

The question is the software in the receivers capable of reading a swm13 switch?

I'm taking a class for this on the 26tg

This switch is made for both residential and commercial. Too many times we go to an upgrade with 9 tuners and are stuck with adding a 16. This is the real reason (well according to DTV) behind the 13.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Looks like DirecTV is moving forward with a pilot test of the Digital-SWM 13 LNB that was pictured by solid signal at CES.

DirecTV noted this in a software update for their AIM technician equipment:
"Has Digital SWiM (DSWiM) installation options in the Setup menu to support the recently launched DSWiM (new 13 tuner SWiM LNB!) beta test in the field. NOTE: This will likely only be of benefit to Techs in those pilot markets."

If this pilot goes smooth we could see the 13 tuner LNB in regular use next year, possibly with the same PI-29 inserter and splitter equipment.

DSCN3448.png

I've been running one of the SWM13 LNBs from an eBay seller for a couple months now. Working perfect so far, no noticeable difference.

Didn't need it, I already had a SWM16. I just picked it up to try it out since it was cheap ($40 range).
Left it in place as it took significantly less wiring, removed 3 wires of my 5 running to the dish (always left a spare).

I've been running one of the SWM13 LNBs from an eBay seller for a couple months now. Working perfect so far, no noticeable difference.

Didn't need it, I already had a SWM16. I just picked it up to try it out since it was cheap ($40 range).
Left it in place as it took significantly less wiring, removed 3 wires of my 5 running to the dish (always left a spare).
Set up looks straight forward as far as the physical parts, how do you set it up in the Repeat Sat Set up section, it's a SWM, do you just use the SWM 3 setting ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)