New DISH customer? Or not?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
To the OP, the original iPad works with Hopper Transfer just fine.

I got my iPad the week they first came out and have transferred a few shows with no problems.

Always thought the $7.00 fee for each of the Joey's was kinda lame as they are just mirroring your main receiver. just me though, I guess...

If they were mirroring, one could only watch on a joey what was also being watched at the hopper. Instead the joey can watch anything recorded on any hopper in the system or anything available on any open hopper tuner regardless what is being watched on the hopper. With mirroring there is no flexibility.

If they were mirroring, one could only watch on a joey what was also being watched at the hopper. Instead the joey can watch anything recorded on any hopper in the system or anything available on any open hopper tuner regardless what is being watched on the hopper. With mirroring there is no flexibility.

Your right, I guess "mirroring" was the wrong choice of words. ''extension'' would of been a better choice.
I guess it is the same as them charging more for dual tuner receivers, even if watched only on 1 TV, as I use my 722k's.

Wow. The information here is priceless. If I go DISH, I will go with 2 hoppers and 2 Joeys. The downstairs has the main stereo and HT plus a sewing room and a quilting room. She will always watch the same channel in both those rooms, but who knows in the future. And the main floor has a living room with a TV which is used constantly. A second Joey might be needed in the future for one of the other rooms there, or a spare bedroom. Thanks again for all the great info.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)