New Dish Installation

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Rappy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 11, 2004
Sullivan, Maine
I am about to install a new larger satellite dish. I am going from the 18x20 dish to a 35x26 dish which requires a larger diameter post. The dish will be installed on a 2 in. od. post in the ground. When I insalled the original 18 in dish 10 years ago, I first put in a 1in pipe which was too small, so I slid a 1 1/4 in pipe over it. Now the 1 1/4 in pipe is too small for the new dish which requires a 2" od. pipe. Please react to what I plan to do.
I am going to slide the 2" pipe(1 1/2 in id) over the 1" pipe which has an od of about 1 3/8. I will put several set screws through the outer pipe to the inner one to plumb and provide stability. In addition I will put some concrete over the lower part of the pipe. Would concrete adhere to the original concrete underneath? Is there a better way than what I am describing? I don't want to have to dig up the original installation since the new one has to go into about the same place. I am sure this is confusing, but please react if you can figure out what I am describing. Thanks in advance.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

HDTV and the DVR questions

Two tuners...one line. How do I hook it up?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)