New Dish Subscriber; Only 3 Tuners On The Hopper?

I had mine 11 months and they never could get it right, I gave up. Buggy gui, and slow. I think Rey finally got tired of his.

Oh I totally agree on the 34. The 44 Is a much improved device. I can say that the speed is finally on par with what dish offers.
Rey did leave, and I encouraged him to do so.

Still, I do miss ptat and auto hop, and a few other things.

I'd be hard pressed to name the better box between the two, but might go with the hopper on that alone.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

The company that bought out our local cable company also offers a DVR that records 6 at once. I have yet to see one however.

http://www.newwavecom.com/hdtv-and-dvr/

If you read carefully it takes 2 of the DVR's to record 6 things. Or at least that is what it seemed to say. I tried to look at the equipment but when I clicked on the link it said I wasn't allowed to. Most likely since I'm on a IP that isn't w/in their areas of service.

If you read carefully it takes 2 of the DVR's to record 6 things.

I saw that, but it could also read, unless I missed it spelled out, the you could only get the six tuner if you were needing more than two of the normal DVR's.

The description fits with the other companies that say they offer a six tuner cable dvr.

I could be wrong.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Hi guys. I just got Dish installed yesterday and I have a question. I have a hopper and two Joey's setup. It appears that I only have three tuners, is that correct? What options do I have to get more tuners? Do they allow you to buy another Hopper? What do I do to have more tuners available?

Yes...And get another Hopper..For an additional $20 per month.

Where do are you getting $20? How about possibly $7 more? $14 for an additional Hopper, but sounds like he could drop a Joey.

Just wanted to let you guys know that with the help of one of the great DIRT members I was able to do an exchange of one of my Joey's for a 2nd Hopper. So I will have 2 hoppers and 1 Joey. I'm very happy!

Just wanted to let you guys know that with the help of one of the great DIRT members I was able to do an exchange of one of my Joey's for a 2nd Hopper. So I will have 2 hoppers and 1 Joey. I'm very happy!

I have the exact set up, nice set up to have to avoid tuner issues

So I ordered a two Hopper w/Sling & two Joey setup today. I am a new customer, but they would not give me the second HWS for free, it was $99 up front. Here is my issue, the rep said there would be no monthly charge for the second hopper. There would only be a $12 whole home fee and then $7 for each Joey.

I get the order summary email and sure enough, two $12 hopper fees, two $7 Joey fees. It's also showing one HWS to be installed with the additional Hopper being a regular Hopper (I wanted both to be HWS).

This just does not seem right. My install is Friday so I hope I can get it straightened out by then.

Tempted to just cancel the second Hopper and go with one Hopper and 3 joeys. Then down the road if we have tuner conflicts we could swap the Joey for a second Hopper.

So I ordered a two Hopper w/Sling & two Joey setup today. I am a new customer, but they would not give me the second HWS for free, it was $99 up front. Here is my issue, the rep said there would be no monthly charge for the second hopper. There would only be a $12 whole home fee and then $7 for each Joey.

I get the order summary email and sure enough, two $12 hopper fees, two $7 Joey fees. It's also showing one HWS to be installed with the additional Hopper being a regular Hopper (I wanted both to be HWS).

This just does not seem right. My install is Friday so I hope I can get it straightened out by then.

Tempted to just cancel the second Hopper and go with one Hopper and 3 joeys. Then down the road if we have tuner conflicts we could swap the Joey for a second Hopper.

PM DIRT. Do you use all four TVs often? If you do, go with two Hoppers.

Sounds like you were misinformed. For new customers in order to get two Hoppers there is a fee for the second Hopper upfront. There is also a $12 monthly fee for the second Hopper on top of the $12 whole home DVR fee. Looks like the email you got had the correct fees and depending on your viewing habits it is a great set up.

PM DIRT. Do you use all four TVs often? If you do, go with two Hoppers.

That's what I am having a hard time with, all the hard-core users in the forum are saying to go with the 2 Hopper from the start. Right now I have a Tivo HD from 2006, it's a 2 tuner, hooked up to our living room HDTV. The other 3 TVs in the house (basement, workout room, master bedroom) are fed by the antenna. Tuner conflicts on the dual tuner Tivo are rare, we have 47 season passes, about 1/2 of those are on network TV. There is two of us in the house.

Our two main viewing areas will be the living room (75% - both of us together, watching DVR) and the finished basement (20% - probably me watching live sports). We would like access to the DVR in our workout area and master bedroom, but I bet that's limited to 1-2 hours of viewing each day per room (again, mostly DVR).

I would probably also get the OTA adapter since I have the attic antenna, and get solid signal for all 4 major networks.

?So really the question is 4 tuners & 1 Hopper enough?

That's what I am having a hard time with, all the hard-core users in the forum are saying to go with the 2 Hopper from the start. Right now I have a Tivo HD from 2006, it's a 2 tuner, hooked up to our living room HDTV. The other 3 TVs in the house (basement, workout room, master bedroom) are fed by the antenna. Tuner conflicts on the dual tuner Tivo are rare, we have 47 season passes, about 1/2 of those are on network TV. There is two of us in the house.

Our two main viewing areas will be the living room (75% - both of us together, watching DVR) and the finished basement (20% - probably me watching live sports). We would like access to the DVR in our workout area and master bedroom, but I bet that's limited to 1-2 hours of viewing each day per room (again, mostly DVR).

I would probably also get the OTA adapter since I have the attic antenna, and get solid signal for all 4 major networks.

?So really the question is 4 tuners & 1 Hopper enough?

That's the ultimate question.

Sounds like you were misinformed. For new customers in order to get two Hoppers there is a fee for the second Hopper upfront. There is also a $12 monthly fee for the second Hopper on top of the $12 whole home DVR fee. Looks like the email you got had the correct fees and depending on your viewing habits it is a great set up.

Correct, the DIRT guys were able to clear it up for me, and the email was correct.

Easiest way to answer that is sit down and map out a normal Fall week, with sports and new programming. For us right now, I have 5 things recording at once on Sunday night at 9pm, and this happens more than once during the week in Fall and Spring. This requires me to have 2 Hoppers, which Im fine with. At the end of the day, its worth it to me to be able to record everything I want, when I want, and watch it when I want.

I could use PTAT and clear a lot of that up, BUT, my locals arent that good in HD so I prefer to record all local programming OTA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)