NEW DishHD web site found! (And now it's gone)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Not available in my AOL. Looks more like a permission issue on their web server. Most likely, they changed the rights on the folder containing the HD site from allowing anonymous users to allowing only authenticated users. Much easier than trying to black out a list of IPs for a portion of your site.

I sometimes find it really dificult to believe how sloppy DISH is with their website. I noticed that their SSL certificate expired a couple of days ago, and they still haven't fixed it. Where I work, having something like that happening is just unthinkable.

It is a planted website that places "special" cookies on your computer that allows Dish to identify you as a satelliteguys member and then blacklist you and charge you more for a 622.

SatinKzo said:
You can see on most of the pages on that site, they haven't modified them since Tuesday the 24th
http://www.dishnetwork.com/search/default.asp?c_41=on&d=yes&q=dishhd&s=1&t=-300&r=11
They pages are blocked, but you can still pull in some info (nothing really great) by just searching DISHHD on the dish website. View the summary info on each one to see the last actions on it and the indexing information.

Man, they took the pages off the search pretty fast. Now they don't show up under the search options either. just one form is returned now.

SummitAdvantageRetailer said:
E* offices are not confirming with us whether customers have to turn in their 921/942 in to get the $200 rebate or not.

if you do not return your 921-942 rec you will not get the 200.00 rebate thats the way it stands as of right now

It's the leased units that need to be returned, not the owned units.

Stacy A said:
It is a planted website that places "special" cookies on your computer that allows Dish to identify you as a satelliteguys member and then blacklist you and charge you more for a 622.
How do you erase the cookie? Or is it too late? I know an insider named "Elvis" at E* that could help me out. I'll check with him and will let you know what I find out. Also, "Elvis" mentioned that Bush's CIA folks are monitoring this site too...just an FYI.

mebgardener said:
How do you erase the cookie? Or is it too late? I know an insider named "Elvis" at E* that could help me out. I'll check with him and will let you know what I find out. Also, "Elvis" mentioned that Bush's CIA folks are monitoring this site too...just an FYI.

Well the monitoriing/visiting of this site was confirmed a while ago, but man, it wasn't even a few hours after I posted the new HD pages could still be seen in search results on the dish website and they were gone, no longer showing up in the search results except for one lonely feedback form.

Hi, I'm new to this site and also just starting to build my HT. ViP622 DVR is so new but yet they are for sale on E-bay and other sites. It is advisable to try and get one of these now, or wait for DN's lease pakage deals?

golfgreg said:
Hi, I'm new to this site and also just starting to build my HT. ViP622 DVR is so new but yet they are for sale on E-bay and other sites. It is advisable to try and get one of these now, or wait for DN's lease pakage deals?

You should wait at least a couple of more days (Feb 1st). For new customers the 622 will be $299.00 to lease. Those receivers on eBay are selling for over $550.00 and who knows where they came from.

golfgreg said:

Ask the folks "selling them now" if they actually have any in hand. I am willing to bet cash the answer is no. :D

Somethings smells fishy

I got off the phone with DN's CSR and she tried to sell me the 811 upgrade for $50 and no change in my monthly bill. she said this offer expires tomorrow and on Feb 1st a new package with the 924 will be available to me. she did not mention the ViP622. hmmm. I also asked what the Feb 1st HD package included and she would not give me any info... anyone with any INFO. thanks, you guys are great!!!

p.s. I also saw that web site and was on the phone with them, signing up here, and went back to print it and poof it was gone

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts