New DTV customer...client issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yes. He said that the HR34s new software was rolling out and that was fixing the issues. He said that he didn't have an HR44 in the truck and couldn't guarantee I'd get one if I asked and it would be $99. This was a bit ago, though. I did a CE last week and it's behaving. It's normal for it to behave for a few weeks after a software update, forced or otherwise, and then within a month start acting like a piece of junk. I shouldn't have to do that with a receiver, especially is they are going to charge me monthly for the thing.

I'd call and set up another service call, when they get there either have them swap out the 34 for a 44 or cancel the service call. Reading all your posts I'm sure it's safe to say you've got one of the cranky 34 ;)

Do you have cordless home phone or a dual band wireless router? Some times the 5GHz band screws with the RF signal.............. Might have to just keep that one in IR mode.

SIG

I'd call and set up another service call, when they get there either have them swap out the 34 for a 44 or cancel the service call. Reading all your posts I'm sure it's safe to say you've got one of the cranky 34 ;)

After the current DVR list is caught up... I shall attempt again!

Perhaps, the TS here could request a H25 and just be done with it. The only thing that is different is no VOD (ch 1000) and no AM21 channels (if applicable) on your guide on that receiver only.

How is the client connected to the TV? No Signal means the TV is not receiving anything from the client.
In my experience, this is usually caused by one of 2 things.. Either the TV is on the wrong input (Which you said you checked), or the Cable from the client to the TV is loose and or bad.
It could be the HDMI on the TV (if your using HDMI).. or, if you have a surround sound or soundbar connected, and the HDMI goes to that first, then to the TV, it could be the the sound system.
BUT, like I said, usually it's either the cable or the input.
Since you swapped the clients and had the same issue.. That pretty much eliminates the client as the issue because the problem didnt move with it.
Try swapping the cable from another client (Just the cable) and see if that fixes the problem..

Just wanted to clarify what "fix" I've found in case others are having this problem.

Main issue is definitely that the remote/client are automatically switching from RF to IR mode. What is causing this? I don't have a clue and DTV reps don't seem to either. Here are the steps I've taken to remedy the issue in the short term.

1) Sometimes client box won't turn on with the remote (this will cause the "no signal" error as the TV is not getting a signal from the client). In that case, you obviously turn the client on manually.

2) For the remote, hold down mute and enter buttons simultaneously until the light on the remote flashes twice. You should get a message that RF mode is being applied. After that, it works like a charm (until next time that is).

It only takes a few seconds to correct...I can live with that. It does seem funny to me that I (a brand new customer) was able to solve the problem with some internet searches and the DTV folks on the phone (and techs that came to my house) couldn't figure it out. Oh well, easy fix.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)