Status
Please reply by conversation.

bigOleB

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2005
SC
I have a Samsung SIR-S4040R DVR that I bought about two years ago when I had DTV before.

Does this reciever support any of the newer interactive type channels?

I have noticed with the MIX channels I am not able to choose between the screens. I can change the audio by using the different audio channels within audio setup.

If I were to buy a new DVR reciever, (I DONT LEASE) what should I be looking for? I see there are mutiple models, but from what I am reading they are all branded DTV now?

questic said:
I have a Samsung SIR-S4040R DVR that I bought about two years ago when I had DTV before.

Does this reciever support any of the newer interactive type channels?
No. Only the D10/D11 and R15 are "Active". You would still be able to see the mix channels with other receivers, but you won't be able to cycle through the channels or access the other interactive features (weather, lottery, etc.).

If I were to buy a new DVR reciever, (I DONT LEASE) what should I be looking for? I see there are mutiple models, but from what I am reading they are all branded DTV now?
If you want active-capability the R15 (DVR Plus) is your only choice. None of the Tivo units have that capability.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts