NEW DVR Features

I definitely agree that Cablevision overcompresses their digital channels. I've been able to compare Dish network and Cablevision's HD channels on my 37" LCD HDTV. I understand that cablevision still uses MPEG2 and Dish uses MPEG4 compression for their HD. For the SD, both Cablevision and Dish overcompress.
I told a friend that had Comcast (now he has FIOS) that Cablevision puts 4 HD channels in one frequency. He thought they were crazy.

Cablevisons boxes are really painfully slow. I have an HD DVR, and a HD box. Both are slow, not just the DVR box. My regualar HD box was actually slower than the DVR one, so I returned it for a new one, and it was quite a bit better, but has seemed to have gotten worse with time. Only about 6 months. They also have very limited features with their boxes, compared to other providers. I'm looking into the satellite companies now, trying to save a few bucks. My promo period just ended, and my bill went up over $50 a month. Funny when i signed up, the sales person said it would only go up a few dollars when the promo ended.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts