New Epix Channel? (Already available)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Do you think Dish will add this new Epix channel?

• Yes

Votes: 46 86.8%
  • No

Votes: 7 13.2%

• Total voters
There are no commercials during the movies and just like HBO and other movie channels, they only start their movies on the hour or half hour most of the time sot there is plenty of time to fill. MGM movies is a strange one. They SOMETIMES have a single 60 second commercial break in the middle of a movie. It is jarring! :) The placement of the commercial does not happen at a natural break or scene change in the movie. It happens RIGHT at the mid-point!

Drop MGMHD and add Movieplex!!
Their commitment to OAR commendable.
Commercials despicable!!!

Drop MGMHD and add Movieplex!!
Their commitment to OAR commendable.
Commercials despicable!!!

MGM HD is actually a sister of EPIX (HD) if I am not mistaken. However, I would not mind MoviePlex since all three "Plex" channels would be there. I do watch IndiePlex and RetroPlex from time to time. I am not a fan of the MGM HD commercials; I believe they used to be commercial-free at one time. Thank goodness the commercial breaks are not too lengthy; it could be worse.

MGM HD is actually a sister of EPIX (HD) if I am not mistaken. However, I would not mind MoviePlex since all three "Plex" channels would be there. I do watch IndiePlex and RetroPlex from time to time. I am not a fan of the MGM HD commercials; I believe they used to be commercial-free at one time. Thank goodness the commercial breaks are not too lengthy; it could be worse.

Didn't think they were part of Epix, but you could be right. Yes MGMHD used to be commercial free. Stopped watching last year when they started interrupting the movies.
Last fall when they ran "The Great Escape" someone must have fallen asleep at the switch. When I scanned through the recording @ 60X to my surprise, no commercial break! Saved and moved to the EHD. Looks great and in close to OAR. Just a sample I guess of how good that channel could be.

I think we now know the channel described was indeed a new channel (EPIX3) and not a retooled EPIX2, and yes Dish indeed is carrying it. :)

EDITED TO ADD: The official press release from Epix confirms it (match the description from the press release with the one posted by the OP).

Studio 3 Partners - Epix HD Press Releases

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)