New Equipment vs. Upgrade from Dish Network?

IBJammin

Original poster
Jul 14, 2010
MS.
I am kind of in an unique situation. I currently have a 522 DVR receiver in which tuner 2 no longer works. I have to get another receiver. The problem is, right now I can get my local channels from the state in which I live no thanks to the FCC. Where I live at I am suppose to get locals from the neighboring state in which I could care less to watch.:mad: I could probably call Dish and tell them to cancel my account due to the receiver problem and they might be willing to send me another receiver in which I could upgrade to HD. But doing so I am worried that somehow in the process I would lose my state's local channels. I could buy my own equipment in which I would not have to worry about the problem but would be a more expensive solution. I have a Dish 500 dish right now and feel I could get a 1000.4 and install it myself and then just change out the receiver without a Dish tech person coming out. What would you do in this situation? Or if you have another idea that would be inexpensive and a solution to my problem please let me know.

Desperate times for desperate people.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)