New Firmware Update Today (09/27/06)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Satmeister

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 26, 2005
THERE IS A NEW FIRMWARE UPGRADE TO THE HR20 THIS MORNING.

I went through the setup and menus quickly, and could not see any noticable changes, meaning the update probably has some bug fixes and cleanup items.

Waiting to see the release notes.

elwaylite said:
I am getting my HR20 in the am Thursday. Is this an update I can call in to get or do I have to wait on D*?

It's just like software updates on a Tivo. It just downloads and installs itself, nothing you need to do.

ebonovic said:

Why force people to go to that rat hole?

Here are the notes.

Fixes
  • Manual records would display incorrectly in MyVod after a system reboot
  • System freeze while connected via HDMI and TV input changed
  • A black screen occuring when playing back MPEG-4 recordings
  • HDMI audio lost or not playing, when changing TV input TO HDMI
  • Playback would stop before reaching the end of the recording
  • When playback of a program starts, occasionaly the video frame would show a previous program or live TV.
Improvements
  • Continuing improvements to Trick Play
  • General stability of the unit.
New Features
  • No new features where introduced with this version

customhank said:
Why force people to go to that rat hole?

Here are the notes.

Fixes
  • Manual records would display incorrectly in MyVod after a system reboot
  • System freeze while connected via HDMI and TV input changed
  • A black screen occuring when playing back MPEG-4 recordings
  • HDMI audio lost or not playing, when changing TV input TO HDMI
  • Playback would stop before reaching the end of the recording
  • When playback of a program starts, occasionaly the video frame would show a previous program or live TV.
Improvements
  • Continuing improvements to Trick Play
  • General stability of the unit.
New Features
  • No new features where introduced with this version
Looks to me like you copied it directly from there .....

Jimbo

No offense to this site but because of Earl, dbstalk tends to have more updates with regard to D* and especially the DVRs. I still prefer this site but supplement it with Tivocommunity and dbstalk.

Brewer4 said:
No offense to this site but because of Earl, dbstalk tends to have more updates with regard to D* and especially the DVRs. I still prefer this site but supplement it with Tivocommunity and dbstalk.

Frankly, DBSTalk as of late has been doing a much better job with D* info lately. Heck, yesterday D* turned up HD LIL's in three cities and Comcast SportsNet HD full time in Chicago, the HR20 update and starting to roll the HD Tivo software. Was there a new/headline about any of that here, nope, but a new DPP33 switch from E* did.

I use DBStalk, here and the DirectvHD Forum. All are helpful, DBS and Sat guys are the two best, but it depends on what day you are reading.

They are all helpfull, however, this place is a little more Dish network centric.

Blank recording

New firmmware? It's installed, but when I recorded an HBO program last night at 3 a.m., when I went to watch it today, got nothing but a blank (black) screen, and it was stuck at 0:00. Could not FF, so I deleted it. My wife's comment: "And you expected me to use that to record shows?" Which is why we still have our Directv R10 (Tivo). It always works, never fails to record. More than you can say for this not-ready-for-prime-time DVR. Worst thing, the list of "fixes" is supposed to apply to this specific issue. A joke.

tstarn06 said:
New firmmware? It's installed, but when I recorded an HBO program last night at 3 a.m., when I went to watch it today, got nothing but a blank (black) screen, and it was stuck at 0:00. Could not FF, so I deleted it. My wife's comment: "And you expected me to use that to record shows?" Which is why we still have our Directv R10 (Tivo). It always works, never fails to record. More than you can say for this not-ready-for-prime-time DVR. Worst thing, the list of "fixes" is supposed to apply to this specific issue. A joke.

Hit the reset button and see if you cant watch it.

I have had my HR20 for 8 days now and have had no problems. I have recorded numerous shows and they have all played back as they should. My only complaint is the OTA tuner not working yet.

I'll try it.

elwaylite said:
Hit the reset button and see if you cant watch it.

Thanks Elway, I will try it. But sure is a strange workaround, huh? Next time, I will reset it and see what happens. It happened again to me today with an NFL game, but I deleted it (as I did with the other show). I hope they fix it at some point.

I would try to reset the entire box via the setup menu. I think that these boxes are simular to mini-computers, they need to be restarted just to clear the residual memory, (especially when firmware upgrades are implemented).

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)