AZBOX New firmware version 0.9.5402 for AzBox Elite, Ultra, Premium and Premium Plus models

pwrsurge, We can dream about the possibility of a new firmware?

As previously stated, we won't be releasing any new firmware for the AzBox Elite, Ultra, Premium and Premium Plus models until all unauthorised AzBox Canada retailers cease selling AzBox products without an agreement. Currently this includes Worldwide Satellites and their affiliates, Research Electronics and Go Satellite.

Please feel free to contact their retailers and let them know that their unethical actions are impacting all users of these legacy AzBox products. Once we see that they have ceased selling the items in questions, we will work on releasing a new firmware update for these receivers.

This is like a never ending drama, so many different versions even I lost track of what's what and who's who.

Surge, if you're the "exclusive" dealer/vendor/provider of Azbox products in Canada, wouldn't it just be easier to work with the "unauthorized retailers" and "authorize" them to sell Azbox units instead of alienating your client base?

I just dont get how you are the "authorized" source of a product made overseas and have the authority to decide/pick who's can be authorized or not
ie- your signature, Sell AzBox products by becoming an authorised dealer today!

Am not trying to be difficult, just trying to understand this whole thing..

Cheers, K

PS- on a personal note, does "beaver bob" ring a bell?

I don't understand how any of these agreements are enforceable since Opensat LDA stopped making AzBox receivers? All this appears to be is a fight between a few guys who bought the last containers off of a ship from SE Asia and who will make the last few thousand dollars before its all over.

I don't understand how any of these agreements are enforceable since Opensat LDA stopped making AzBox receivers? All this appears to be is a fight between a few guys who bought the last containers off of a ship from SE Asia and who will make the last few thousand dollars before its all over.

This is irrelevant as the unauthorized AzBox Canada retailers appeared way before Opensat Lda sold the AzBox brand to HTCE Limited who took over the role of producing AzBox receivers.

Last edited:
Why not serve the so called unauthorized dealers a stop and desist legal letter, since you now have "sole distribution rights" in North America?:confused:

Last edited:
Why not serve the so called unauthorized dealers a stop and desist legal letter, since you now have "sole distribution rights" in North America?:confused:
Because it is not worth anything or there would be no grey market products sold.

Unfortuately Azbox has lost the prestige it once had and there is so much infighting that it probably will not recover. The major distributor in the states was (and still probably is) Ricks Satellite and pwrsurge doesn't appear to want to help him in any way. Being a sole distributor should carry a lot more responsibilities to the end user than simply not allowing anyone else to compete in that market. Withholding software from end users is a sure way to make azbox go obsolete even faster.

Personally, I will stick with products such as MicroHD and ASC-1 where the distributor claims a share of the selling price, but does something to help out end users by keeping the products and software current. The last officially released and distributed software for the Azbox was 0.9.5311 and that is quite old!

I personally just wanted the problem of subtitles on some channels are resolved, I can even do some recordings and sends them to you pwrsurge for at least a hope of something I believe should be so simple is resolved.

Awaiting good News.
Sorry for my bad English :eek:

We actually already did this to all unauthorized dealers and a few of them ceased selling AzBox products as a result.

However, the remaining few are stubborn and have little morals as they are primarily catering to the satellite piracy market. We would have to take them to court to make them stop but as they are selling a now discontinued model, it's simply not worth the expense and effort.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk now Free

Hello anyone,

I have an Azbox Elite HD with firmware version 0.9.5209 on it.

I have been reading that 5020 is the most stable firmware,, is there really much improvement from the firmware that I already have. I put the 5020 firmware on a usb stick.

If I were to rollback how would I go about doing it? Or should I just leave what it has, if there is NOT that much difference in the 2 firmwares.

Thanks for any info

Problem with rolling back is you "may" have issues with your current channel list backup from 5209, which means that you'd possibly have to redo your entire channel/satellite list. I run 5020 on my Ultra and 5402 on my Elite and I don't see any difference except for the new splash screen at boot up and there's a little difference in the default channel/satellite list. I'm probably going to roll back to 5020 on my Elite as well as I can use the channel/sat list from the Ultra.

So what issues are you having that make you want to switch?

Thank u for the reply,

On the hd cbs back haul feeds on c-band I get choppy video and sometimes freezing. As was the case last night on satellite G19 where the NCAA national championship game was.

You tube also does not work, which is no big deal.

I tried to roll it back with 5020 on a USB stick,,,, but it just says "failed to update". I'm thinking because my current firmware is newer .

Thanks again for any info

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Back on 5020,,,, all my channel list and sats remained the same. went back to 5020 using the internet upgrade option .... about 5 failed downloads of the firmware before it finally completely downloaded,,,, loading the firmware was flawless.

Thanks for replying!!

Can u please explain how to do this?

Roll back to 5020

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Just seen this Onzz.When going back to older firmware it is always a good idea to reformat the application area...Once you have 5020 loaded on your computer rename it patch.bin

Put it on a zip drive and install it into your AZ receiver powered down...Flip the switch and your AZ will reboot checking etc!..A blue screen will come up and you will have several options and one of them will be reformat the application area...Reformat the application area...I usually do that 3 times when going to older firmware.After it is done scroll down on that same blue screen to update by usb.

That will do it for you Onzz..But there is no NA sat list with any firmware older than 5308!..You will have to create your own using AZEdit and MAZ 3.2. Or what you can do is save the SAT,CH list from 5308 or 5309 using the ACC program then after you are done installing 5020 just crank up the ACC program and send the SAT,CH list that you have saved back to your AZ.

Good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)