AZBOX New firmware version 0.9.5402 for AzBox Elite, Ultra, Premium and Premium Plus models

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Just seen this Onzz.When going back to older firmware it is always a good idea to reformat the application area...Once you have 5020 loaded on your computer rename it patch.bin

Put it on a zip drive and install it into your AZ receiver powered down...Flip the switch and your AZ will reboot checking etc!..A blue screen will come up and you will have several options and one of them will be reformat the application area...Reformat the application area...I usually do that 3 times when going to older firmware.After it is done scroll down on that same blue screen to update by usb.

That will do it for you Onzz..But there is no NA sat list with any firmware older than 5308!..You will have to create your own using AZEdit and MAZ 3.2. Or what you can do is save the SAT,CH list from 5308 or 5309 using the ACC program then after you are done installing 5020 just crank up the ACC program and send the SAT,CH list that you have saved back to your AZ.

Good luck.

Sorry about the PM.....Thanks for the reply ...This is good info to know for the future... Much appreciated!

Thank u for the reply,

On the hd cbs back haul feeds on c-band I get choppy video and sometimes freezing. As was the case last night on satellite G19 where the NCAA national championship game was.

You tube also does not work, which is no big deal.

I tried to roll it back with 5020 on a USB stick,,,, but it just says "failed to update". I'm thinking because my current firmware is newer .

Thanks again for any info

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I did not look at those feeds but a good guess would be they were Dolby E as CBS does this on occasion...That will cause the problem you describe in the AZ.5020 will not fix that!..The only Firmware I know of that works with those feeds is a very old FW 2371..Now that is a pain to use if you like to keep an organized SAT,CH list in your AZ...None of the AZ tools work with that FW and it is very goofy but it does play Dolby E feeds just fine..On rare occasions I keep that FW just for this but quickly go back to 5020 after the event.

I did not look at those feeds but a good guess would be they were Dolby E as CBS does this on occasion...That will cause the problem you describe in the AZ.5020 will not fix that!..The only Firmware I know of that works with those feeds is a very old FW 2371..Now that is a pain to use if you like to keep an organized SAT,CH list in your AZ...None of the AZ tools work with that FW and it is very goofy but it does play Dolby E feeds just fine..On rare occasions I keep that FW just for this but quickly go back to 5020 after the event.

Hmmmm? strange that they would play fine in a very old version of the firmware,,, but not in a more recent. I think I will download the FW that you mentioned and also keep it tucked away for when I need it... Thanks again for the info!

RE AZBOX Premium HD + using 5402 FW... Where does the FW store the satellite (and Radio) files in the AZBOX HD + Linux Directory tree? I want the ability to manually control the edited contents of the satellite files and need to know where in the directory tree, or in what file, that information is stored. We live in the Southern Hemisphere (New Zealand) and use FTA satellites numbering from (approx) 120E to 185E. Not too many files come ready-made edited down to those parameters only. If I can edit the files down to include only the satellites we really need then save them either in .XML or .INI format to place them manually and exactly where they live in the directory tree files. it'd be a big help.... Kia Ora (a New Zealand Maori Hello) from New Zealand. ZL2ROB...

Best thing to do is to put the channel liist backup on a flash drive then use Maz channel editor and your computer to make it what you want. Keep a backup copy on your computer for when things don't go exactly right.

Yes its an old thread but trying to restore my old AZbox. Anyone still have a copy of 0.9.5402 firmware which I think was the last version?

OK, I'm half way there thanks to Magic Static :) Anyone still have a copy of AZup (2.13?) and Back to official_FW.zip which contained a patch that allowed you to flash back to factory firmware from E2?

Last edited:
Hi Keith, Thanks for the link but after what seemed like never ending Google search I did find AZup 2.2.8 on Sat universe forum. I"d post the link but not sure that place is exactly FTA. I did manage to get back to factory firmware :)

Reactions: Keith Brannen
Yes its an old thread but trying to restore my old AZbox. Anyone still have a copy of 0.9.5402 firmware which I think was the last version?

Yes. azbox-0.9.5402-patch.bin

I have this also: AZUp227_Setup.rar

And: MaZ_3.2.zip

Reactions: mr3p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts