New Fortec receivers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sadoun

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 27, 2005
Columbus, OHIO
This week we will start shipping 3 new Fortec Star receiver models.

The Lifetime CLASSIC is the latest blind search FTA receiver from Fortec Star. It has more memory than the current Fortec Lifetime ULTRA. Advanced Blind Search capability. Fast channel changing.

The PLATINUM FTA + CI same as above, but includes 2x CI slots to incorporate a CAM and smartcard for subscribing to pay channels

The FSIR-5400 NA FTA + IRDETO Includes 1x built-in IRDETO smartcard reader for subscribing to pay channels. Smartcard is not included. No CI slots.

The new BLIND SEARCH feature is as follows:

Now you (the user) can specify the transponder frequency increment that the receiver will use when performing a blind search. For example you can specify an increment of 2MHz, 4MHz, 6...10MHz.

The higher the increment, the faster the BLIND SEARCH.

Any idea if the CPU any faster in the new units?

Sadoun said:
This week we will start shipping 3 new Fortec Star receiver models.

The Lifetime CLASSIC is the latest blind search FTA receiver from Fortec Star. It has more memory than the current Fortec Lifetime ULTRA. Advanced Blind Search capability. Fast channel changing.

The PLATINUM FTA + CI same as above, but includes 2x CI slots to incorporate a CAM and smartcard for subscribing to pay channels

The FSIR-5400 NA FTA + IRDETO Includes 1x built-in IRDETO smartcard reader for subscribing to pay channels. Smartcard is not included. No CI slots.

The new BLIND SEARCH feature is as follows:

Now you (the user) can specify the transponder frequency increment that the receiver will use when performing a blind search. For example you can specify an increment of 2MHz, 4MHz, 6...10MHz.

The higher the increment, the faster the BLIND SEARCH.

I see that the new Classic has games. Has anything else changed in the UI or it looks similar to Ultra for the most part?

vj9999 said:
I see that the new Classic has games. Has anything else changed in the UI or it looks similar to Ultra for the most part?

Yes, if you get really bored with TV, you can play a classic tetris game :D

UI is completely different than the ULTRA. I think it is user friendly and doesn't take much time to get used to it. I like the feel of the remote. The buttons are soft and well layed out.

I noticed the channel changing speed is slighly faster than the ULTRA.

We will post some UI pictures on the web soon.

digiblur said:
When the affordable receivers with HD and/or 4:2:2 come out let me know! ;)

Define affordable? You can get a receiver like that for approx $600-700, which is affordable considering how much alternatives cost (besides PCI cards).

vj9999 said:
Define affordable? You can get a receiver like that for approx $600-700, which is affordable considering how much alternatives cost (besides PCI cards).

$300 range or less.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)