New Free Voice Remote

larrykenney

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 16, 2004
San Francisco, CA
I received an email from Dish saying that a new voice remote for my receiver was being mailed to me at no charge. I didn't order it, so I was wondering if others are also getting the new remote.

Larry

Reactions: Allegen27
I received an email from Dish saying that a new voice remote for my receiver was being mailed to me at no charge. I didn't order it, so I was wondering if others are also getting the new remote.

Larry

Some eligible customers with compatible equipment are being provided a free Voice remote with Google Assistant. This is a free gift as we want you to enjoy our latest and greatest technology! There is no commitment or requirement for this gift. We hope you enjoy your new remote. -Jasmine D.

Some eligible customers with compatible equipment are being provided a free Voice remote with Google Assistant. This is a free gift as we want you to enjoy our latest and greatest technology! There is no commitment or requirement for this gift. We hope you enjoy your new remote. -Jasmine D.
Wonder what the requirements are for an eligible customer!

Reactions: jannah
Wonder what the requirements are for an eligible customer!
I called Dish about who is eligible. The CSR told be that if you have a 40.0 remote it may be replaced. I have a 52.0 remote so it won't be replaced. The 52.0 is not compatible with Google assist. I went on to say that I have been with Dish for about 20 years. She said that they are available for $20.00. That is a thank you for being a valued Dish customer.

I called Dish about who is eligible. The CSR told be that if you have a 40.0 remote it may be replaced. I have a 52.0 remote so it won't be replaced. The 52.0 is not compatible with Google assist. I went on to say that I have been with Dish for about 20 years. She said that they are available for $20.00. That is a thank you for being a valued Dish customer.

I have a 52 remote. Been a customer as long as you. A 54.1 remote showed up at my house. I don’t know how they figure who gets one and who doesn’t.

Reactions: jannah
I’ve seen special price of $10 reported on other threads. Alway shows $20 when I login to MyDISH.

With the new remotes, select customers who have already received the Google Assistant update to their Hopper system were automatically shipped a new remote. Also, some customers do have a tag on their account which allowed agents to assist in shipping one out at no cost.
-Karolena P.

With the new remotes, select customers who have already received the Google Assistant update to their Hopper system were automatically shipped a new remote. Also, some customers do have a tag on their account which allowed agents to assist in shipping one out at no cost.
-Karolena P.

I bought my 54 on Ebay last year hoping the voice search would help as my wife who is challenged using basic search operation. She does use the voice search occasionally and would like to have one for our Joey in the bedroom. Now it’s me that’s challenged when she hands me her40 remote with all those buttons. Lol

Reactions: ronharp1
I bought my 54 on Ebay last year hoping the voice search would help as my wife who is challenged using basic search operation. She does use the voice search occasionally and would like to have one for our Joey in the bedroom. Now it’s me that’s challenged when she hands me her40 remote with all those buttons. Lol

Just ordered a new 54 remote on Ebay. $10 plus $.70 sales tax and free shipping.

Reactions: JSheridan
Thank you, Jasmine, for the info. I'll give it a try and see how I like it. Larry

-Karolena P.
When is that offer expiring? Still doesn't show up in my offers.
Also on the main page after i sign in it says"
Want another Voice Remote?
I dont have a 1st voice remote?Thanks.

Reactions: TheKrell
When is that offer expiring? Still doesn't show up in my offers.
Also on the main page after i sign in it says"
Want another Voice Remote?
I dont have a 1st voice remote?Thanks.

We don't currently have a timeframe of when this offer will expire. We may need to check your account to see what is going on with the voice remote for your service. We’re not able to access accounts through Satellite Guys at this time, but you can reach out to our Chat teams by clicking this link: Request Rejected. We have agents ready to assist. -Jasmine D.

Customer and shareholder since 1997 and no offers... feel undervalued!

I am sorry to hear you feel this way, ERSanders! We would love to take a look at your account to see what options we have available for you. To make sure we get you taken care of, be sure to reach out to our chat team here:
Request Rejected.

They sent me a free 54.0 remote. I tried it, but it doesn't list Vizio as a brand for auxillary audio devices. I have a Vizio sound bar. So I tried the learning mode and that didn't work - it wouldn't "learn" volume control or mute, no flashing button to tell me it learned it. So I will stick with my 40.0 remote which works just fine.

I supposedly have one of these arriving today. It will stay in the plastic bag with the batteries removed stored in the garage. I have no desire to give Google access to everything that is going on in my life.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts