New FTA service with 20 english channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.
A few minutes ago an idea popped into my head. An audio book channel. Has anyone ever heard of such??? A single audio book could provide an entire season of episodes, and it could be broadcast as a radio channel which would be cheaper than video.

It's been a while since I've been here :eek: , although I keep coming back to keep inform about what's new in FTA. This being said, I read this thread with much interest and wish the very best to Wally-O and his team.

I just wanted to add about the audiobook channel idea - which seems to me as a very good one :) - that although Gutenberg is a good place to start, librivox.org seems ideal since they specialized in free (as in public domain) audiobooks. And the catalog is impressive. They could (the program manager) also contact all those very good audiodrama producers (many great free stuff out there!). theaudiodramadirectory.com is a good place to start for those kind of shows. Theater of the mind as they say. :)

Sounds like it might be good for educational purposes as well for schools. Would be great for read along for the children. But then again, some will tell me to get an audio tape or go online and find a source for this.

Sounds like it might be good for educational purposes as well for schools. Would be great for read along for the children. But then again, some will tell me to get an audio tape or go online and find a source for this.
That's a good point! I have satellite radio, and one of my disappointments with the audiobook channel (I forget the name) is that is is not family friendly. The other day I tuned to this station and within minutes hear an F-bomb. I realize this was part of the text, and wasn't outraged - I just knew it wasn't for my family and quickly changed to another channel. I'm glad my kids weren't in the car!

A family friendly audiobook channel would be great - particularly some of the classics!

FreeDBS.ORG- unethical?

This is sadly a very dubious proposal.

(1) Claiming an archive of vintage auto films worth $300 million.
(2) Publically announcing negotiations with "Firm X" are underway . (That's always done in private)
(3) Press releases loaded with grammatical errors and misspellings .

Satellite uplinking with all the issues (broadcast rights, equipment, bird-time) takes serious money. We have seen the churn in Iranian ex-pat channels on T5 to know that's true.

FreeDBS appears to be a pipe dream at best.

This is sadly a very dubious proposal.

(1) Claiming an archive of vintage auto films worth $300 million.
(2) Publically announcing negotiations with "Firm X" are underway . (That's always done in private)
(3) Press releases loaded with grammatical errors and misspellings .

Satellite uplinking with all the issues (broadcast rights, equipment, bird-time) takes serious money. We have seen the churn in Iranian ex-pat channels on T5 to know that's true.

FreeDBS appears to be a pipe dream at best.

They have had a free dbs service in Europe for years. No reason they can't do it here. And before you claim that they are a pipe dream because of grammar, Check your own spelling of the word "Publicly", and "up-linking". Also "Free DBS" isn't run altogether. So does that make you a pipe dream? Just poking some fun your way. Remember, people are human and do make mistakes. Even the people at Free DBS! By the way, another entity is coming out with Free Hd. That won't be for another year but it is coming. Have a great day! :)

With television programming rates reaching all time highs, many will probably be looking for alternatives. I think if broadband reaches most people in the future that will be the way most get their television service.

I ran into a woman on freecycle earlier giving away an old hack box that someone had given her. She is thinking about keeping it after I mentioned that these channels are on the horizon.

I don't understand all the criticism.

-They want to give us free tv.
-Satelliteguys like free tv.
-Let's start acting like it by being nice to the guys who want to offer it to us.

If I get excited about free tv and then it doesn't happen I may look silly. I'm ok with that.

Avg1joe, I agree there will always be folks who say this will never come together. Well they said man would never fly too lol. I'm all for more free tv.
Blind

With regards to Radar's channel lineup It looks like we are on the same page in the same book. We wholeheartedly thank him and consider him part of our team. And god bless all that read.

I will believe it when I see the channels on satellite. Right now it is on paper. If it happens, and I hope it does, we gain more new FTA channels. Always a welcome.

FYI to Leo Laporte

For all you Leo Laporte fans or listeners I sent the PR people of Leo Laporte TWiT Shows a little friendly email about this Freedbs.org service going live soon and a show of his cailber would be really nice to have free in the clear on FTA. I received an email back already from Eva Laporte that she would make sure Leo reads my email.

Leo Laporte shows would be ideal for this service, we need some sort of Tech TV back in the TV airwaves. What do you guys think??

We would be very grateful if Sadoun would summit some channels that are not available now but were 10-15 years ago. I myself have installed many of these FTA's years ago. These were the first FTA's . Yes it is going to take some time but , this could change quickly. God bless!!!

We would be very grateful if Sadoun would summit some channels that are not available now but were 10-15 years ago. I myself have installed many of these FTA's years ago. These were the first FTA's . Yes it is going to take some time but , this could change quickly. God bless!!!

One channel from not so long ago that a lot would like to see again is The Tube. Also an independant music channel where new artists could submit a video for play. Hopefully the CowBoy channel gets finalized.

dsskid

hi all
i would like to see these channels on channel line up
metv -chicago,metv-too chicago,this-tv, rtv east national feed.and
i have ideal for new channels-saturday morning cartoons channel -
classic catoons,timewarp television-classic scfi tv shows and movies,
sitcom channel-classic sitcoms,classic cop channel-classic cops tv shows
and movies.the movie channel-b movies.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts