New FTA service with 20 english channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I can't wait ;-)

I was reading on their site thought this might be of some interest.

c/p

News Release: 2/8/2010

We have added the Free sports channel to our line up.

There will also be several audio sub carriers including book reading and talk radio.

hxxp://www.freedbs.org/news.html
Free sports channel..sounds cool...It would be neat to see little league baseball or Pee-wee football. High school sports? I love watching the little league world series or other such broadcasts when they're on.

What do you guys think?? (remember the guys launching this project read this thread!)

I would really love to see "This" channel on ku again as I don't have any hopes of having a c-band set-up. I'm just to old with bad health to install one of those big ugly dishes by myself and really don't have the money to hire it done. Wayne-o, I do hope you guys would consider it. Thanks.

Hello Everyone. I'm a new member here. I've been a frequent visitor to this site for a few years, and have done alot of reading, but just now decided to become a member, so that I could get in on the discussion about the FreeDBS channels proposal. I commend then on their effort with what they are attempting to do.
At their sites request for people to send in programming ideas, concerning possible channels that could be added to the lineup, I sent a few different emails with a couple of channel ideas, that I thought would be a good edition to the channel lineup, if they could work things out to get these channels added. The first Channel that I suggested was LCN out of Louisana. I think that this channel has good quality, family oriented programming. It's currently being broadcast in the clear on C Band, but would be nice if it could be added to the KU band side, because alot of people don't have C Band. The second channel that I suggested is MeTV. This is a free over the air, independant channel out of Chicago, and is also broadcast over the air in Southbend Indiana. This channel also has good quality, family oriented programming. I noticed that someone else mentioned the MeTV channel here, so I

Hello everyone. I'm a new menber here. I've been a frequent visitor of this site as a guest for a couple of years and have done alot of reading, but decided to become a member, so that I could get in on the discussion about the FreeDBS channel proposal.

I commend FreeDBS for attemting to do what they are. I'm sure that they have their work cut out for them.
At their sites request for people to email them with programming ideas and channel suggestions, I sent them a few different emails with a couple of different channel ideas.
The first channel is LCN out of Louisana. I think that this channel has good quality, family oriented programming. This channel is currently in the clear on C Band, but it would be nice if it could be added to the KU band side, because alot of people don't have C Band.
The second channel is MeTV out of Chicago, that someone else previously mentioned here. This channel also has good quality, family oriented programming. This channel is also broadcast out of Southbend Indiana. I think that these channels would be a good edition to the channel lineup
As I mentioned, I sent a few different emails around 2 weeks ago, with these channel suggestions, but have'nt received a response back from anyone. It would be nice if Wayne-O would comment on the channels. Thanks.

For all you Leo Laporte fans or listeners I sent the PR people of Leo Laporte TWiT Shows a little friendly email about this Freedbs.org service going live soon and a show of his cailber would be really nice to have free in the clear on FTA. I received an email back already from Eva Laporte that she would make sure Leo reads my email.

Leo Laporte shows would be ideal for this service, we need some sort of Tech TV back in the TV airwaves. What do you guys think??

I would love to hear Leo Laporte's TWIT show on FreeDBS. Would be a GREAT addition.

Free sports channel..sounds cool...It would be neat to see little league baseball or Pee-wee football. High school sports? I love watching the little league world series or other such broadcasts when they're on.

What do you guys think?? (remember the guys launching this project read this thread!)

I really don't like how for the free sports channel description they list the NFL and NBA, because there is absolutely no chance they could get those games on a channel like that. I could, however, see them picking up things like University of Montana Football, events that are broadcast and advertised for Ku band viewing.

I'd also like to see them pick up some channels that are offered for free for retransmission, like Classic Arts Showcase, UWTV, UCTV, etc.

Suggestions for channel offereings

With regards to Radar's channel lineup It looks like we are on the same page in the same book. We wholeheartedly thank him and consider him part of our team. And god bless all that read.

We would be very grateful if Sadoun would summit some channels that are not available now but were 10-15 years ago. I myself have installed many of these FTA's years ago. These were the first FTA's . Yes it is going to take some time but , this could change quickly. God bless!!!

One thing that has been missing is a really good "OLDIES" music video station such as RETROJAMS! This would be a great channel to round out some of the other selections.

Definitely there must be a channel devoted to westerns, with classic movies from the western genre and classic western sitcoms and series. You simply cannot be without this. Guns and horses and the lone prairie!

I have mentioned another channel that should be included for informational purposes and as an educational tool for FTA and it should be something like Dr. Dish, originally airing on satellite 43.0W.

I still like the idea that I submitted to Leon Napier in an email. This was to have a station or channel that was devoted to all mystery series and movies as well. Shows such as Columbo, Quincy M.E., McCloud, McMillan and wife, Perry Mason, The Avengers, Simon and Simon, Matlock, Diagnosis: Murder, Magnum P.I., Barnaby Jones, Rockford Files, Night Stalker, Kojak, Cagney and Lacey, Dragnet, FBI Files, Barney Miller, Ellery Queen, Hawaii 5-0, The Mod Squad, The A-Team, Mission Impossible, The Prisoner, The Fugitive and movies along the same theme line.

Next there needs to be a channel that is devoted to Science Fiction. With movies and series both. Movies such as Star Trek, Star Wars, 2001 a Space Odyssey, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, The Thing, The Andromeda Strain, ALIEN and ALIENS, Journey to the Center of the Earth, Voayage to the bottom of the Sea, The Lost World, Planet of the Apes, Omega Man, West World etc etc. And series such as The Twilight Zone, Alfred Hitchcock, Str trek etc. You could go on and on with titles like these.

Next up, a channel that plays all the afternoon series such as Bewitched, I Dream of Jeanie, Gilligan's Island, Get Smart, McHale's Navy, My Three Sons, The Brady Bunch, The Munsters, The Adam's Family, Scooby Doo and the Flintstones, Hazel, Andy Griffith and etc.

And absolutely, there needs to be a western channel. Hang 'em High, True Grit, all the John Wayne and the Clint Eastwood movies, High Noon, From Noon til Three, Hopalong Cassidy, The Lone Ranger, Gene Autry, Bonanza, The Wild Wild West, Big Valley, Cimmaron, The Rifleman, Gunsmoke, Rawhide, Wagon Train, F-Troop, The Treasure of the Sierra Madre etc.

If you air these programs, I will throw my motorized dish out on the curb and set a fixed point dish up to whichever satellite you locate these channels on and stay there. I would watch every channel with great eagerness.

There are more genres to cover, but I covered my favorites. Please add your own to this thread or add more titles to the groups that I already listed.

RADAR

Radar, You got my vote! With a line up like that people would be lined up to get FTA equipment. I put a fixed dish on 97W for my brother last fall and we're hoping to switch to a better receiver, add a sonic voom and motorize it next week rain or snow. So then he can really see what all he's missing on KU. With Freedbs in the works none of us will ever want to leave home lol
Blind

One thing that has been missing is a really good "OLDIES" music video station such as RETROJAMS! This would be a great channel to round out some of the other selections.

Definitely there must be a channel devoted to westerns, with classic movies from the western genre and classic western sitcoms and series. You simply cannot be without this. Guns and horses and the lone prairie!

I have mentioned another channel that should be included for informational purposes and as an educational tool for FTA and it should be something like Dr. Dish, originally airing on satellite 43.0W.

I still like the idea that I submitted to Leon Napier in an email. This was to have a station or channel that was devoted to all mystery series and movies as well. Shows such as Columbo, Quincy M.E., McCloud, McMillan and wife, Perry Mason, The Avengers, Simon and Simon, Matlock, Diagnosis: Murder, Magnum P.I., Barnaby Jones, Rockford Files, Night Stalker, Kojak, Cagney and Lacey, Dragnet, FBI Files, Barney Miller, Ellery Queen, Hawaii 5-0, The Mod Squad, The A-Team, Mission Impossible, The Prisoner, The Fugitive and movies along the same theme line.

Next there needs to be a channel that is devoted to Science Fiction. With movies and series both. Movies such as Star Trek, Star Wars, 2001 a Space Odyssey, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, The Thing, The Andromeda Strain, ALIEN and ALIENS, Journey to the Center of the Earth, Voayage to the bottom of the Sea, The Lost World, Planet of the Apes, Omega Man, West World etc etc. And series such as The Twilight Zone, Alfred Hitchcock, Str trek etc. You could go on and on with titles like these.

Next up, a channel that plays all the afternoon series such as Bewitched, I Dream of Jeanie, Gilligan's Island, Get Smart, McHale's Navy, My Three Sons, The Brady Bunch, The Munsters, The Adam's Family, Scooby Doo and the Flintstones, Hazel, Andy Griffith and etc.

And absolutely, there needs to be a western channel. Hang 'em High, True Grit, all the John Wayne and the Clint Eastwood movies, High Noon, From Noon til Three, Hopalong Cassidy, The Lone Ranger, Gene Autry, Bonanza, The Wild Wild West, Big Valley, Cimmaron, The Rifleman, Gunsmoke, Rawhide, Wagon Train, F-Troop, The Treasure of the Sierra Madre etc.

RADAR

If only a few of these suggestions end up becoming reality it will be a great success.

RADAR

I tried to make a post last night concerning a couple of channels that have this type of programming. Unfortunantly my post was delayed due to some type of system hangup, and became burried in previous posts. I'm not trying to repeat myself on anything, but I'll post what I said again for anyone that would like to make any comments on my suggestions.
Here is a copy of my origional post:

Hello everyone. I'm a new menber here. I've been a frequent visitor of this site as a guest for a couple of years and have done alot of reading, but decided to become a member, so that I could get in on the discussion about the FreeDBS channel proposal.

I commend FreeDBS for attemting to do what they are. I'm sure that they have their work cut out for them.
At their sites request for people to email them with programming ideas and channel suggestions, I sent them a few different emails with a couple of different channel ideas.
The first channel is LCN out of Louisana. I think that this channel has good quality, family oriented programming. This channel is currently in the clear
on C Band, but it would be nice if it could be added to the KU band side, because alot of people don't have C Band.
The second channel is MeTV, an independant channel out of Chicago, that someone else previously mentioned here. This channel also has good quality, family oriented programming. This channel is also broadcast out of Southbend Indiana. I think that these channels would be a good edition to the channel lineup
As I mentioned, I sent a few different emails around 2 weeks ago, with these channel suggestions, but have'nt received a response back from anyone. It would be nice if Wayne-O would comment on these channels. Any other comments are welcome also. Thanks.

If only a few of these suggestions end up becoming reality it will be a great success.

You give me a great idea, Larry.

Let's keep posting what WE want and then they will have the information that they need to say... "The People Want This Programming".

Then, maybe they will put it out there for us. No more Nielsen Family Ratings, this time WE CHOOSE! I never liked those Nielsens anyway, they didn't like Flipper! :)

RADAR

Little Kids content

We need a Cartoon and Little kids content station, something similar to PBS Kids Sprout. shows like Wiggles, Barney, Hi-five, Sesame Street, Teletubbies. Some of the stuff out now like what’s on Nickelodeon and Nickelodeon JR is garbage "just my opinion" Cartoon Network is starting to show some good old classics, but I have to pay for that on DishNetwork.

Let's keep posting what WE wantRADAR

Jungle Adventure movies.... Cobra Woman, Tarzan Movies (with Johnny Weissmuller, Gordon Scott and Lex Barker)

A channel to play old movie Serials. There are lots to choose from. The SerialSquadron can put them in touch with who has prints of what, and what has fallen into public domain.

Status
Please reply by conversation.