New FTA service with 20 english channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If it were my mom I would start lining up to try to invest. Very shrewd business person, impeccable track record, brutally honest, scrupulous, ferocious and tenacious.

Seems like we've got a few of us on here that want this venture to fail. Makes me wonder if we're seeing someone with an "axe to grind" against the venture. Why not just put a cork in it and keep the negative speculations to yourself?

here's the program directors email address. I sent him a message inviting him to join the conversation here.

MarkMauk@Freedbs.org

looks like he's a HAM also

Call Sign: KC9DFV, Licensee ID: XXXXXXXXX
Grant Date: 02/18/2003, Expiration Date: 02/18/2013, Certifier: Mark T Mauk
Registrant: Mark T Mauk, xxxxxxxxx, Charlestown, IN 47111

Kinda tough to B.S. your way through an Amateur Radio Operators License. So at least we know there is some technical skill at the helm.

Last edited:
Seems like we've got a few of us on here that want this venture to fail. Makes me wonder if we're seeing someone with an "axe to grind" against the venture. Why not just put a cork in it and keep the negative speculations to yourself?
I don't have an ax to grind. I'm a television professional and when I see a plan presented like this is, I have to wonder what they're smoking.

Here's a company that has so far invested in a web site. That's all I've seen. You've heard the term vaporware? I believe this is vapor vision.

I just can't sit around and watch the gullible public buy into this, that's all.

send him a message and tell him how to do it then. Not all smart people are born organizers. It takes all kinds to get something like this off the ground. It sounds like you could help or expose them.

I don't have an ax to grind. I'm a television professional and when I see a plan presented like this is, I have to wonder what they're smoking.

Here's a company that has so far invested in a web site. That's all I've seen. You've heard the term vaporware? I believe this is vapor vision.

I just can't sit around and watch the gullible public buy into this, that's all.

With an attitude like this, I wonder if this guy works for Chuck....... I must ask, What has the people at this new venture done to you? Why do you have such a negative attitude? I don't give a rats ass weather they make it or not. If they do then great! We all will have some tv to watch. If they don't then oh well, they tried. But to go after this like you are doing, Well lets just say, that kind of negativity is the real BS. I don't see how you can be involved in tv with that atitude unless of course you work for Chuck or Dave and have a goal to spread hate and discontent across the boards and the fta community. With the attitude that you have displayed here alone, I wonder what you have been smoking. You state that you are a television professional. Well act like it then. So far your words are not very professional from what I have read. You have stated your belief. I stated that mine was that they need to get going sooner than later. Opinions are like butt holes like the saying goes. I have not seen one yet that don't stink. That is why you state an opinion one time. Not try to grind it in like you are doing. As far as the "gullible public" as you put it goes. I am 50 years old and I can take care of my self mommy...... I don't need you or anyone else "watching out" for me. I am pretty sure that the rest of this forum can take care of themselves also. Nobody has "bought" into the FreeDBS venture. Again that just shows everyone that you are obviously mad at something. Maybe your shorts are too tight? I don't know what your problem is. I don't really care either. One thing for sure, we all are judged by others by what we say and how we say it. From reading what you have tried to hammer home about the new service, along with your attitude about the efforts that these guys are putting forth, proves to me anyways that you are not a very credible person. Looks like there is one more person in this world that I will not take very seriously. Well I have rambled on long enough. Have a great day everyone! Maybe better attitudes will follow. :)

Have you seen their plans? All you have seen is the little that was presented here and on the website, and attacking them without seeing the whole picture.

Any of you guys know how to start up a petition site to present to freedbs without it becoming a spam generator?

The folks at freedbs.org had been watching this thread and seemed genuinely interested in what we had to say. I hope they stopped watching this thread a long time ago because I'm pretty ashamed of a lot of the things that have been said here.

I'd love to see a new rule added to satelliteguys. If you insult or discourage someone who is providing free tv or wants to provide free tv then your butt is permanently banned from this site. This is not the first time I've seen a content provider treated poorly.

Imagine there are 20 of us at work and the boss says he will be bringing in free lunch on the 1st of next month. Someone yells out, "I want free food today". Someone else says, "He's too poor. He can't afford to buy us all food." Another person says, "I heard he's a liar". The boss overhears all these comments. Do you think any of us are getting free food on the 1st? How should those other 17 employees handle the mouthy 3?

I'm grateful to anyone willing to put their content up there for free. Each of the people who have posted encouraging comments and are impatiently waiting for freedbs.org to succeed represent a number of other people who have never posted here or anywhere else but would also like to watch their free stations.

You broadcast it. We'll watch. If it's any good at all we will tell other people and help them set up systems so they can watch too.

With an attitude like this, I wonder if this guy works for Chuck....... I must ask, What has the people at this new venture done to you? Why do you have such a negative attitude? I don't give a rats ass weather they make it or not. If they do then great! We all will have some tv to watch. If they don't then oh well, they tried. But to go after this like you are doing, Well lets just say, that kind of negativity is the real BS. I don't see how you can be involved in tv with that atitude unless of course you work for Chuck or Dave and have a goal to spread hate and discontent across the boards and the fta community. With the attitude that you have displayed here alone, I wonder what you have been smoking. You state that you are a television professional. Well act like it then. So far your words are not very professional from what I have read. You have stated your belief. I stated that mine was that they need to get going sooner than later. Opinions are like butt holes like the saying goes. I have not seen one yet that don't stink. That is why you state an opinion one time. Not try to grind it in like you are doing. As far as the "gullible public" as you put it goes. I am 50 years old and I can take care of my self mommy...... I don't need you or anyone else "watching out" for me. I am pretty sure that the rest of this forum can take care of themselves also. Nobody has "bought" into the FreeDBS venture. Again that just shows everyone that you are obviously mad at something. Maybe your shorts are too tight? I don't know what your problem is. I don't really care either. One thing for sure, we all are judged by others by what we say and how we say it. From reading what you have tried to hammer home about the new service, along with your attitude about the efforts that these guys are putting forth, proves to me anyways that you are not a very credible person. Looks like there is one more person in this world that I will not take very seriously. Well I have rambled on long enough. Have a great day everyone! Maybe better attitudes will follow. :)

very well put! If they make it work, then more power to them. I know I'll be watching. But if they don't make it, no loss on my part. I'll still keep watching other chanenls out there.

I hope they launch, I will be watching if they launch, If they don't launch...so be it...nothing is lost.

agreed :)

Let me know when it launches. I'm done with you guys. Enjoy vaporvision.

bye then :)

We're use to vaporware so if this becomes vaporvision oh well.
I use the theory its free so if its not there anymore we can't really complain. If it was there and then leaves that stings more so (Equity rings a bell)

I dont know why you are so negative towards them? Its not like we threw all this money into their venture. Last I checked NOBODY here bought a setup specifically for freedbs. So nobody here on the board is out anything

lighten up dude..

I am quietly watching and waiting. I will be VERY glad to have more FTA choices for watching. I plan to motorize my Ku this summer to increase my options. If this comes, I will be prepared, otherwise I still increase my options!
I just wanted to be counted as a supporter for more FTA!

bye then :)

We're use to vaporware so if this becomes vaporvision oh well.
I use the theory its free so if its not there anymore we can't really complain. If it was there and then leaves that stings more so (Equity rings a bell)

I dont know why you are so negative towards them? Its not like we threw all this money into their venture. Last I checked NOBODY here bought a setup specifically for freedbs. So nobody here on the board is out anything

lighten up dude..
I think he's either a Chicago Cubs or Minnesota Vikings fan.

...I'd love to see a new rule added to satelliteguys. If you insult or discourage someone who is providing free tv or wants to provide free tv then your butt is permanently banned from this site. This is not the first time I've seen a content provider treated poorly.

I agree. Scott promotes these forums to be friendly, yet I see rude comments on a regular basis. Not just towards content providers.

BTW...I think Mr. Sadoun was treated poorly with some of the comments toward the Sathawk receiver. I notice lately he's no longer a gold sponsor here. I hope it's just a coincidence and a business decision. Just my .02

The folks at freedbs.org had been watching this thread and seemed genuinely interested in what we had to say. I hope they stopped watching this thread a long time ago because I'm pretty ashamed of a lot of the things that have been said here.

I'd love to see a new rule added to satelliteguys. If you insult or discourage someone who is providing free tv or wants to provide free tv then your butt is permanently banned from this site. This is not the first time I've seen a content provider treated poorly.

Imagine there are 20 of us at work and the boss says he will be bringing in free lunch on the 1st of next month. Someone yells out, "I want free food today". Someone else says, "He's too poor. He can't afford to buy us all food." Another person says, "I heard he's a liar". The boss overhears all these comments. Do you think any of us are getting free food on the 1st? How should those other 17 employees handle the mouthy 3?

I'm grateful to anyone willing to put their content up there for free. Each of the people who have posted encouraging comments and are impatiently waiting for freedbs.org to succeed represent a number of other people who have never posted here or anywhere else but would also like to watch their free stations.

You broadcast it. We'll watch. If it's any good at all we will tell other people and help them set up systems so they can watch too.

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:up:up:up:up:up:up:up

I've noticed too..

I agree. Scott promotes these forums to be friendly, yet I see rude comments on a regular basis. Not just towards content providers.

BTW...I think Mr. Sadoun was treated poorly with some of the comments toward the Sathawk receiver. I notice lately he's no longer a gold sponsor here. I hope it's just a coincidence and a business decision. Just my .02

I've been reading here for a couple of years, don't post a lot but I have recently. I've noticed several times people asking questions on several occasions the first reply will often be very negitive or imply the person asking is doing something illegal. Personally I don't think that is anyones place to do that nor do they have a right to do that unless it has been granted by the moderators. Things like that should be left up to Iceburg or Scott or other moderators to decide if the person asking is doing something illegal or asking something illegal. Those types of remarks are often directed at New Posters and sometimes other members. We shouldn't do that because those people asking questions could very well turn out be be a good site members or a good information source or someone who would contribute to the site. Not everyone who visits here is doing anything illegal, granted some are but still the ones who have done nothing shouldn't be treated as though they are. The ones that are will be taken care of without anyone making a remark. Iceburg or Scott or other mods will take care of it and that is how it should be. We can just avoid making remarks and give the moderator a heads up and let them take care of it. ...That is how it should be imho...

Just my 2 cents worth...

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)