New FTA service with 20 english channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.
That is true, but think of all of those satellite receivers out there on the market. I bet there are way more Dish/Directv receivers out there than FTA receivers (in the U.S.). The thing is most are probably leased though. If people bought their own Dish/Directv equipment then it would save the satellite providers from having to come up with the money themselves. Later on this could lead to subscriptions for the providers. They could require MPEG-4 equipment in order to get those FTA stations. It would be VERY VERY easy for them to start doing this. They got oodles of space and it wouldnt' take much.

That would be entirely against their business model, at least their current one, which is make the up-front costs as low as possible for the customer, in exchange for long term monetary commitments. A good deal of their growth has been becuase of that model. If they began selling recevers at their normal price, the takeup would drop.

However, they could offer both options though.

G19 would only have room for it if they kick off all the feeds. Not that there are that many feeds, mind you, but I figure that whoever does use it for feeds must have some awfully good reason for using it instead of another satellite that's more frequently used for feeds!

News Release: 4/27/2010

The Free Fight Channel is sponsoring an Armature Mixed Martial Arts event "Havoc on the Hill" at the Waverly Sanitarium May 16th from 5pm to 8pm. You may purchase tickets in advance at WaverlyEntertainment.com. Cost is $30 per person; your tickets may be upgraded to front row seats at a cost of $45 per person on the day of the show. This is an outdoor event but seating is limited. This event will be broadcast over satellite live to members of the armed forces in Europe and the Middle East courtesy of Center-Net. (Satellite and transponder will be made available when we receive it)
The Address is 4400 Paralee Lane in Louisville, Ky.
Military, Police and Fire Department personnel may purchase tickets at half price at the National Guard Armory on Crittenden Drive.

The Free Fight Channel is sponsoring an Armature Mixed Martial Arts event "Havoc on the Hill" at the Waverly Sanitarium May 16th from 5pm to 8pm. You may purchase tickets in advance at WaverlyEntertainment.com. Cost is $30 per person; your tickets may be upgraded to front row seats at a cost of $45 per person on the day of the show. This is an outdoor event but seating is limited. This event will be broadcast over satellite live to members of the armed forces in Europe and the Middle East courtesy of Center-Net. (Satellite and transponder will be made available when we receive it)
Military, Police and Fire Department personnel may purchase tickets at half price at the National Guard Armory on Crittenden Drive.

Excuse me, but how does this relate to the topic "New FTA service with 20 english channels"?:confused:

G19 would only have room for it if they kick off all the feeds. Not that there are that many feeds, mind you, but I figure that whoever does use it for feeds must have some awfully good reason for using it instead of another satellite that's more frequently used for feeds!

The Ku side of Gal 19 is home to hundreds of international fta and subscription channels. Highly doubtful there is anymore full time space segment available on that bird.

During the Olympics there were a couple HD channels on G19 and as recently as this month I've seen some HD sports feeds on there

During the Olympics there were a couple HD channels on G19 and as recently as this month I've seen some HD sports feeds on there
There are some occasional use slots that are available, however, I believe most of the full time transponders are in use. I transmit on Gal19 from time to time, so I do speak from experience.

News Release: 4/27/2010 the link they give comes up, waverlyentertainment.com is currently UNDER CONSTRUCTION? I thought might have a phone number to call.

The Free Fight Channel is sponsoring an Amateur Mixed Martial Arts event "Havoc on the Hill" at the Waverly Sanitarium May 16th from 5pm to 8pm. You may purchase tickets in advance at WaverlyEntertainment.com. Cost is $30 per person; your tickets may be upgraded to front row seats at a cost of $45 per person on the day of the show. This is an outdoor event but seating is limited. This event will be broadcast over satellite live to members of the armed forces in Europe and the Middle East courtesy of Center-Net. (Satellite and transponder will be made available when we receive it)

Let me Google that for you: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Waverly+Sanitarium

Check out the links that come up!

Maybe the ghosts wiped out their own website? :D

I don't get it, that place was closed down 30+ years ago, and there's been like 3 movies, and several Syfy channel shows on the hauntings...

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)