New FTA service with 20 english channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.
> Too bad the members of Satellite Guys couldn't start our own freedbs service.

You can. It only costs a lot of money.

Conky said:
people are throwing a tantrum because they want more free channels and they want them NOW! NOW! NOW! Maybe they could sue for 'emotional investment' or 'hurt feelings' like Sol Rosenburg

It my tv and I want it now!!! :p

I had mentioned a while back how it would be pretty cool if this site had enough income to support channel(s). I am listening to sattalk and they mentioned FreeDBS.

Maybe now that bill gates is thinking retirement we can get him interested in FTA :D

Bill Gates has enough money that he could buy out charlie and make Dishnetwork FTA! :D

There would be a bigger audience due to being free and the advertising would have to and should be able to keep it afloat just like OTA. :up

With the money my Uncle Bill Gates has, he could bring TV fullcircle and make it free again! ;)

TV channels that we pay for should not have commercials to begin with! :mad:

Just think... We could have the BSOD Channel (all BSOD, all the time), the Wallpaper Channel, and maybe even the "Do you want to allow this program to make changes to your computer" Channel ;) :D ...

Add all of the "Virus" channels to the list too!!! :rolleyes:

mdmm- Where did you come up with 1 to 6 months from January? Please provide a link to this information from freedbs.

The only estimate I've seen is 3 to 12 months from 3/30/2010. See page 59 of this thread, post 581 by Iceberg. Today is less than 4 months since then, with 8 left to go before people can complain that they are "late".

I have also been watching for a new update. I'm curious what progress they've made.

I see a lot of misinformation on other sites too.Why don't people check their facts before showing their ignorance?FreeDBS has no obligation to make daily updates.They have to train staff and learn from scratch;they've a lot to do.They can't just flick a switch.

Trommy,
Members are only watching the game.
It is Freedbs who said on their website in january 2010 , that from 1 to 6 months,this and that,will happen.

dish

I ope the free to air line up go to work and latter do international channels like rtp .Did you no rtp international and more channels like rtp are free to air but did you no bell rogers and dish in the usa charges for the service to the custmores

I ope the free to air line up go to work and latter do international channels like rtp .Did you no rtp international and more channels like rtp are free to air but did you no bell rogers and dish in the usa charges for the service to the custmores

Yep, RTPI (America) is available on G 19

"News Release: 3/30/2010

We are now estimating a broadcast date from 3 to 12 months, many of our channels are coming together but the process is slow due to the massive amount of content and limited personnel we have to assemble it.

If you are sending in MMA, wrestling or boxing films please contact Charlie Mattingly with the Amateur Mixed Martial Arts Organization. We will be broadcasting MMA fights for up to twenty MMA clubs, along with wrestling, and boxing on the Fight channel during prime time. The channel will run 24-7 with many of the martial arts movies produced during the 70s and 80s airing after hours and non-primetime. You may click here to view a Sample Video created by Shooter Russell.

We have a conservative estimate of 2 million viewers when we begin broadcasting; our advertising time has been priced at a competitive rate. Contact Rebekah Green for pricing."
When next April is past,then you have the right to wyne.This time next year we could have more than one FTA network.Patience is a virtue.

Last edited:
I am ready for them to come online with my new signal meter and a FTA box to test the satellite they are on to bring in their signal so that I can start advertising this service in my area.

I'm sitting here laughing at myself.

I was about to yell at mdmm that it has obviously not been 8 months since 3/30, especially since I had just told him in a recent post that it has been just under 4 months...

I guess we both have to work on our basic math skills. Thank you to anyone who noticed my error before now and didn't rub my nose in it.

I do not think that they even know how long it is going to take as there are probably several things that need to be done along with unexpected delays that may occur.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)