• Poll closed .
Status
Please reply by conversation.

iafirebuff

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2006
Waterloo, Iowa
Well the FedEx guy left me new receiver and motor today - how long do you all think it will be before I install the motor (I am in Iowa, and it is winter out) ? My thinks by the weekend it will be up :)

Receiver is installed as we speak - scanning 129w. Motor - I am hoping soon.... I do have Christmas day off. Nothing wrong with installing it in the dark either - rats, got house work to do tonight!

Well, the receiver is going to have to be sent back - after about 30 minutes the video display went to a black and whit screen and is now in black and white and rolling. - Set to ntsc, all cables and tv good. I was watching Hawaii 50 and the picture color slowly went to grey then b&w. Oh well, hopefully the motor won't have any problems ;-)

You know it could be just a fuse that went out, I would check that first. If it is a major problem. Let us know what brand you received and installed. It looks like one that we should avoid. With about 100 different models to choose from, it can cause alot of hair pulling. So warn us if you have problems with your system.
Good Luck

just guessin'

I'll bet Brian could have you a Mercury II by Monday. - :cool:

And I'm betting your motor will be operational no later than Monday, unless you slack off due to the receiver problem. - :rolleyes:

Now if it was my poll, we'd have to bet on which decade I'd get it going. - :eek:

I am going to be delayed a bit with the motor, as I am unexpectantly switching our phone, internet and tv to our local cable co. They came by and offered to pay the early cancellation fee for our Directv, 10mps internet (I have Qwest DSL now - 1.5mps), phone, and digital cable / starz on demand, all converters and modems for $75 per month for 2 years. We pay $75 for phone and dsl now. So, I gots to run and swap some cables - so no motor setup for a day or 2 :)

I'll bet Brian could have you a Mercury II by Monday. - :cool:

And I'm betting your motor will be operational no later than Monday, unless you slack off due to the receiver problem. - :rolleyes:

Now if it was my poll, we'd have to bet on which decade I'd get it going. - :eek:

iafire...is that through Mediacom?

if it is, I might have to convince my buddy to call them to get a better deal than what he is getting

Yep it is through Mediacom. There was a salesman going door to door Saturday. He told my wife we had to go through him to get the good deal. Also gave free installation, etc. I met him at the cable office yesterday and got signed up :) I can give you his name and number...maybe he can work a long distance deal :)

Ugh.. Remember, you get what you pay for when you go with Mediacomm. I'm sure everyone has their own story - good/bad. But I would rather go without internet than try to use mediacomm.. at least with no internet, I knew what I could rely on... and didn't have to deal with their endlessly incompetent support center.

Mediacomm is the largest reason that my company went into the "tripleplay home service package over fiber" business. We couldn't rely on them for service, and nobody who lived in town could rely on them either.. so I suppose I owe mediacomm a thanks for creating a job for me with another provider ;)

Of course I hate DirecTV even more.. so if mediacomm gets you away from them.. I guess that's okay ;)

I have mixed feelings on Mediacom - it has been YEARS since we have had their service. Never a problem though. My wife's home office pays for Medicom business line and it has only been down once in the 2 years she has had it. Being a business line they claim they fix those faster - not sure if that is true though :) For the price, we could not pass it up since we don't watch much tv anyway, and could do away with our landline :)

My buddy has Mediacom and I've seen it
-analog picture...yeesh
-cable box...double yeesh
-guide is not the best
-the OTA channnels have lines and stuff in them

The only thing he has going for him is WCHA college hockey games on there on the local access channel. :)

But a friend of mine has it in Cedar Rapids and she loves it. So each market is different

I live in a "metro area" and my town only has Medicom - prices are higher. One adjoining town has a municipal utility co that also does cable/phone,etc. In that town, Medicaom is 1/2 the price as it is in mine due to competition.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts