New Genie UI now in CE testing

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
is it an entire new dish or just a part of it? I have had other guys remove the old dish or i will do it

the tech has no idea where your dish is.
they assume they can get to it

the osha regs are only a few years old iirc

when you call back, be sure and tell them wher ethe dish is, and that the tech cannot reach it from a ladder

Reactions: Jimbo
Has there been a release date given when the new genie UI will be released? I was going to download the CE last weekend but I forgot but I'm not sure if I should do it or just wait for the NR?

Reactions: Smicon
My guess is at least 3-4 months but it's only a guess. And I doubt it behaves anything like the Comcast stuff.

My guess is at least 3-4 months but it's only a guess. And I doubt it behaves anything like the Comcast stuff.
Is this interface the same one ATT mentioned about wanting the same look and feel across all of its systems? Or is that another interface update after this one?

Don't think so. The unified interface was supposed to be on DirecTV after the other services.

I guess we will be getting two new interfaces? This one and another one for the same look and feel?

I also find it interesting that they mentioned the unified one would also be for UVerseTV since they said they are getting rid of it. I know in one article it said their are still 4 million customers still on UVerseTV and you would still have to service them. However if they got that unified interface would they like it and wouldn't want to leave? :)

Reactions: EchostarFan
Sorry I forgot it was you. :) Can you say how different it does work?
No. I haven't used either enough to compare them. The searches are different. On demand isn't working on mine yet. On Comcast when you search for a channel you have to hit enter twice.

my mobile dvr and on demand still not working with the new UI. what do i do? I also noticed a wifi on my phone that says DIRECT-tr-FireTV_a7d9. Anyone know what that is? Based on the name, I assume directv related?

You may need to reinstall the CE software this weekend. Do you have a Firestick connected? Sounds like that's the wifi signal.

When are we gonna see pics of this new guide? When's it gonna leak to certain news sites? I was around D* when the last new guide was released through Ye' Olde 0,2,4,6,8. I remember it leaking and certain HDTV fans and the like losing their minds.. It was kinda entertaining actually.

IMNOTanEDGECUTTER any longer but I do read that site.. It seems like it's mostly folks talking about their next cruise though. :)

When are we gonna see pics of this new guide? When's it gonna leak to certain news sites? I was around D* when the last new guide was released through Ye' Olde 0,2,4,6,8. I remember it leaking and certain HDTV fans and the like lose their minds.. IMNOTanEDGECUTTER any longer but I do read that site.. It seems like it's mostly folks talking about their next cruise though. :)
You can download it if ya want ..... provided it's in the stream next time.

Reactions: fireponromance
Status
Please reply by conversation.