New Genie UI now in CE testing

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Wasn't planning on staying up this late, but I couldn't stop watching the History Channel special on the Montauk Project and once it was done figured, what the heck and decided to see if there was a new version. 0XFD3 is the number, haven't noticed anything significantly different then the release from 2 weeks ago.

Still have blank posters on the intro. screens for the 1000+ VOD channels.

And, while certainly not known or even of interest to the avg. customer, I notice the "Coax Network" test under the System Diagnostics screen still doesn't work with the new UI.

It just shows the same screen as the "Network Diag." category above it . .

Still have blank posters on the intro. screens for the 1000+ VOD channels.

And, while certainly not known or even of interest to the avg. customer, I notice the "Coax Network" test under the System Diagnostics screen still doesn't work with the new UI.

It just shows the same screen as the "Network Diag." category above it . .
I too have blank posters when going to channel 1000, however, ,if I choose to go to a particular show, it does load and the posters for that particular show does load.

Reactions: ejb1980
I down load the ce Friday . Demand not working. This new guide is awful. So far can't download n c e.

Last edited:
This is the longest I have used it. Feedback so far is the wife isn't a fan either. Doesn't like the text It is also deathly slow on my C41. It is faster on my HR54 and C61k. But overall slow as hell

It is also deathly slow on my C41. It is faster on my HR54 and C61k. But overall slow as hell

I have to agree. In addition to not being a fan of the design, I noticed that it was quite sluggish on my HR54. I'm used to immediate response when pressing buttons, and the new UI did not provide that experience.

The genie 2, in general, is sluggish and Directv said that is how it is supposed to work

The menus are slow as is ff. It's like the clients were on the genie. Now, they're all clients so even the main tv has a delay

I wouldn’t take any word from anyone you spoke to at directv. They have no clue. The genie 2 is more than capable of providing a fast user experience. This software is bloated as hell though
As a Genie 2 user, the user experience is very fast, but the time it takes to change channels could be better....

This release is giving me all sorts of problems

1) Changing channels, scrolling in the EPG, accessing menus, etc are all noticeably slower

2) When in the EPG and using the Page +/- scroll, most of the time it doesn't recognize I that stopped pressing the button and the guide just rapidly scrolls a page at a time until I hit exit

3) Another guide problem, I lose indication of what channel I'm on or what show I'm on in the EPG

4) There appears to be no way, or at least I can't find it, to delete a show from the Series Manager that has no upcoming episodes. I get the option to Cancel a Series for shows that are airing, but I want to remove Blood Drive since it was canceled by Syfy and that option doesn't show up.

5) I added two new series, Channel Zero on Syfy, Evil Things on TLC, in the Series Manager it says All Channels, not the channel that airs the show

6) The previous two bullet points don't matter anymore, because for the past ~24 hours, just going into the Manage Recording menu causes the box to completely freeze up. Video freezes, doesn't matter if it's live or recorded, the menu freezes up, remote stops responding. Only solution is a RBR which I've done probably about 7 or 8 of in the past day.

And as with the previous release, no cover art, no channel logos, no On Demand.

What's odd is most of these problems were not present after I first downloaded the new release. They showed up about 48 hours after the fact.

This isn't a "new release". What you have is software going through the test process. You shouldn't even be talking about it here, that's what the Cutting Edge forum is for.

Did any one notice that the new UI is now appearing in the new Directv commercials. Just saw it on ESPN.

I saw that too. I rewound it and paused. If you look closely, it's like a combo of the two guides, but it definitely looked liked the new one at a quick glance.

Oh noes! DirecTV should fire whoever approved that commercial. Don't they know, NO PICTURES!!! (of their non private, non NDA beta software) :rolleyes:

This is beyond stupid. I'm not registering at another site, just to make mention of a few issues I have with a new release of a beta version of software. To tell you the truth, I really don't care. DirecTV is not my primary TV provider, so whatever happens, happens. I don't care if my HR44 turns into a pumpkin, and the problems I mentioned above don't really bother me, I just wanted to point them out, in case any powers that be read this thread.

I participate in Microsoft Windows 10 Insider program on a Win 10 VM on the fast ring. I've been in an out of Google's Android beta program. These companies get it. Let the geeks who want to try out pre-release stuff, try it and get as much feedback as possible from the users. If DirecTV doesn't want people posting pictures or commenting, then they should have a private beta with NDAs. In the age of pay TV being on shaky ground, you'd think they'd appreciate the feedback from people who are enthused enough to volunteer to be guinea pigs, no matter what website it's mention on.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts