New GEOSATpro microHD Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Will be shipped with a full size remote

That's a relief. I would hate to think if that remote was also micro sized, the fact some of us have poor vision, big fingers, and the fact we can't even remember where we place normal sized remotes much of the time. :) This might be one of these deals where the remote is bigger than the stb. That would be kind of different I guess.

When I use my CNX-Nano v1, I get to see the signal strength meter. I really like it that way cause I know that I am hitting my satellite close enough to do the fine tuning if needed.

History 101 ..... CNX and GEOSATpro had used the same product development company and manufacturer. In retrospect, it is interesting how many of the hardware and software features that we developed for the GEOSATpro models were implemented into other products that the factory OEM badged. :eek:

No matter now, as one company is out of business and the other company thrives.... :D

Do you mean Glorystar? Or is there a hardware only distributor in Canada? I couldn't find from your website or Google.
Catamount is correct about a distribution partner in Ontario, Canada. It is less expensive to ship system packages from within Canada, but often it is much less expensive to ship smaller items from the US via USPS. Our distribution center in Canada stocks all items included in the Glorystar packages other more popular items such as 1.2M dishes. The distributor carries the brokerage, customs, inbound shipping and warehousing fees, so the Canadian stock prices are higher. When you call Satellite AV or Glorystar to place an order, the CSRs determine the delivery method that will cost the least and meet your delivery deadlines.

The Blind Scan search result screen also looks very much like the one on the Openbox S9.
I'm curious about the blind scan accuracy of the MicroHD, especially to see the inaccuracy to find even half the signals in a dense signal environment has something to do with the ALI chipset or if it's purely a developer decision on which parameters to use to make the blind scan go quickly at the expense of accuracy. I personally feel it's a developer controlled thing but don't know for sure.

I'm curious about the blind scan accuracy of the MicroHD

The microHD Blind Scan is extremely accurate. Remember that I am a hobbyist first, developer 2nd. Performance and integrity of any GEOSATpro product is very important to me! I will not sell or promote any product that I would not personally want in my own home or hobby shack.

A developer can adjust the process time on many steps. (example: analyzing a table for Service Names or in the case of the 1500 audio services on one MUX, the time spent on logging available services before process time out occurs). Unfortunately, Ali Chipsets do not allow modification of frequency step parameters, but they do have a great flexibility on prescan signal analysis.

Tuner selection plays a big part in the accuracy and speed of scans with ALI chipsets. We tested several tuners before selecting the AV2011. The combination of the M3501 and the AV2011 can result in a great performance in the hands of the right developer! Extracting meaningful data out of unnecessary noise crippled many STB samples that we received.

Your observation of a failure of an ALI based chipset to log signals in a dense signal environment is based on the manufacturers tuner selection and the developers ability to set correct parameters. It certainly is not indicative of ALI chipset limitations.

On a related subject.... Most S9 / S10 manufacturers are not developing their own firmware and often use "B" grade components or part substitutions to save money. If a firmware file works with their hardware build, they will sell it. Why are some members reporting power supply failures while others are not? Hint: different factories or OEM specifications. Members comparing S9 and S10 performance is a crap shoot at best since most manufactures do not even use that same component builds. A different FTA site has a thread stating how the build is so much better on the new batch of S10 receivers that they just received..... LOL!!!! The unit came from a different manufacturer and hopefully the new unit was bench marked before it is resold. Performance will change when component builds are modified.

Buying a S9, S10, S12..... is buying a name badge that absolutely will not indicate what components or performance exist under the hood.......

Another very handy feature of the Visionsat was the ability to enlarge the S & Q meters on the screen, and the beep tone that varied with %Q.

Might those items be found on the microHD?

History 101 ..... CNX and GEOSATpro had used the same product development company and manufacturer. In retrospect, it is interesting how many of the hardware and software features that we developed for the GEOSATpro models were implemented into other products that the factory OEM badged. :eek:

No matter now, as one company is out of business and the other company thrives.... :D

Brian,

I have a CNX trio, bought mainly for second tuner AVI function. I wish it had the blind-scan speed and manual PID functions of your Geosat line.
My LOS is only 79-101 west, but I will buy your new HD unit when available.

Thanks for all your efforts on delivering a great FTA box for us hobbyists.

Catamount

ability to enlarge the S & Q meters on the screen, and the beep tone that varied with %Q.

Yes, full screen Signal meter is implemented. Post #91

The current firmware supports tone change indicating the signal being locked and unlocked. We are working on implementing a beep feature that reflects SQ reading changes in pitch and interval. We are also playing with the possibility of adding a user function to switch the meter between Pre BER and Post BER readings. Another screen has been developed to display Carrier to Noise , pre/post BER readings and other advanced user information. We will release this feature with a future firmware update as it currently has a few display glitches.

Yes, full screen Signal meter is implemented. Post #91

The current firmware supports tone change indicating the signal being locked and unlocked. We are working on implementing a beep feature that reflects SQ reading changes in pitch and interval. We are also playing with the possibility of adding a user function to switch the meter between Pre BER and Post BER readings. Another screen has been developed to display Carrier to Noise , pre/post BER readings and other advanced user information. We will release this feature with a future firmware update as it currently has a few display glitches.

That's great news, thanks! :cool:

The tone can be kept off? Default = off? Otherwise, may a beginning violin student serenade you when you least expect it. :sob:

The tone can be kept off? Default = off? Otherwise, may a beginning violin student serenade you when you least expect it. :sob:

The Signal Quality tone selection has a menu setting for default ON/OFF selection and a second ON/OFF toggle "override @ time of use" button in the Signal Meter screen.

2 greatest things i hate about my otherwise well loved openbox.
no tone and micro signal/Q bars.
I'm sold, i want this ubber cool box....

So what are we talking about. I can get the Mannhattan 1923 for $179.00 with free shipping. Are you saying that the MicroHD is going to be much less than the Mamhattan? How much?

Somewhere I thought I remember seeing pictures of the microHD receiver but can't find them, anyone have a link? Looking forward to getting one :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Programming Fortec Lifetime Ultra FTA receiver

Sacriledge!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)