New Guide UI now rolling out (plus HDR support!)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
We hate to say "We Told You So " ....

No we don't ... :)
Ha. I knew it was coming since I did two force updates to get back to the old one . I think the new guide is okay. Just think it needs to have an option for font size and bold text. I hate the skinny text. I also think the logos and text look like crap on the C61K when compared to how the HR54 guide looks.

Ha. I knew it was coming since I did two force updates to get back to the old one . I think the new guide is okay. Just think it needs to have an option for font size and bold text. I hate the skinny text. I also think the logos and text look like crap on the C61K when compared to how the HR54 guide looks.
I don't have any clients to compare to.
Only thing I don't like about the new gui is the way they screwed up the Menu layout .... I'm fine with the actual Guide.

Yesterday I tried to force a download on my HR44/700 by the reset and 02468 method. I saw a screen "new software found" and went through the long download and "off and on" routine. After all of that I still have software 0x80 installed the day I got DTV. I suppose it is just not ready yet.
Do any members have any pictures of this new guide and menu? I am just curious but then that is what we all have in common.

Yesterday I tried to force a download on my HR44/700 by the reset and 02468 method. I saw a screen "new software found" and went through the long download and "off and on" routine. After all of that I still have software 0x80 installed the day I got DTV. I suppose it is just not ready yet.
Do any members have any pictures of this new guide and menu? I am just curious but then that is what we all have in common.

I don't have any pictures, but you have to wait until the new software is in the stream. The firmware watcher is usually the best tool to determine that, but unfortunately it has been down for the last few days. The new software has been in the stream between 3 am and 7 am eastern time on weekdays.

Thanks, Vazhog for the tour of the guide and menus. I can work with that. Actually, I like to use Titantv.com to decide what I want to record in the next 24 hours and then go to those shows on the guide as quickly as possible to set the timers. I assume the "list" button on the remote will still go to recordings without having to go through the menu. That would just leave those instances where I want to change a recording or setting that the menu has to be dealt with. Change is inevitable with everything.

Reactions: littlecloud319
Thanks, Vazhog for the tour of the guide and menus. I can work with that. Actually, I like to use Titantv.com to decide what I want to record in the next 24 hours and then go to those shows on the guide as quickly as possible to set the timers. I assume the "list" button on the remote will still go to recordings without having to go through the menu. That would just leave those instances where I want to change a recording or setting that the menu has to be dealt with. Change is inevitable with everything.
The LIST button will take you to the Recordings on your DVR ... If you hit info from there, you'll get another screen which you can make adjustments.

Hasve you seen the current Directv Commercials lately ?
If you look at the TV in the background, the New Guide is shown on it.

Strangely my Genie(HR44/700) updated @6:58am to 0xd8f and no new guide. I don’t know if that’s a good thing or not. I thought updates happen in the middle of the night not early morning?

Strangely my Genie(HR44/700) updated @6:58am to 0xd8f and no new guide. I don’t know if that’s a good thing or not. I thought updates happen in the middle of the night not early morning?
Sounds like you lost power long enough for the dvr to reboot. The new gui hasn't been in the data stream for a day or so.

I didn’t lose power although if I did I have a large UPS on all my Receivers. My software did update this morning though.

I have had 0X1001 since 1/12. When I go to guide or menu the window opens but it takes a full 10 seconds for it to populate with any information. If I exit and go right back it is not as bad. If I wait 5 minutes, it’s back to the 10 seconds. I have reset several times but it does not help. Any sympathy or ideas?

The same update on my HR44/700 here at 7:48am yesterday morning. I came home from shopping and noticed the DVR front panel was displayed and I was sure I had turned it off. The electricity had not been off or my clock would have been flashing. I see no changes.

Status
Please reply by conversation.