New Guy Need Real Help !

Status
Please reply by conversation.

magnoan

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 23, 2004
First great fourm ... I have been on all night reading :)

MY zip code is 01701

I'm installing FTA system with a SG2100 Motorized H to H Mount. can any one please tell me where do I need to set my:
Elevation
declination

And what degree do I need to point my dish to get the Telstar5. (maybe how to use the compass.

Sorry I'm very new!

thank you so much in advance for all your help.

If you are new it maybe an idea to for get the motor for now and just mess around and find a few satellites first, store them to memory as this will make the motor set up a bit easier. Stand by for the angles for T5 for your location (without motor).

WOW you guys are fast ...thank you ...

so just to make sure :
Elevation= 35 deg. <------ is that on the Motor or on the dish?

Azim=216 deg

Skew=+25

so if want to try the motor I should set it up to Motor angle: 48 degrees
Dish angle: 23.5 degrees. if yes where should I point the dish to get the T5?

thanks agian

Same place around 230 deg on a compass!

Cascade just pour the coffee on the cornflakes, thats what I do : ) Saves time!

Great I will go give it a try right now ... I will let you know ...

Thanks agian

magnoan said:
Great I will go give it a try right now ... I will let you know ...

Thanks agian

I would wait to setup the motor like PSB said, till you aim a few manually that way you will have that much more experience and the motor setup should go faster.

Cascade ..... so that would be 180 + 16 and is 16 the right number for my zip code?

I have a Coship System .

I'm so lost .. u guys know it all ...

I'd follow PSBs advice first and try to get a sig off T5 before you set up the motor, that way you'll know what you're looking for.
If you really wanna go straight to the motor first:

Loosen the bolts holding the motor to the pole and swing your motor assembly to South plus 16 degrees, you'll need a compass.
Bolt your dish onto the motor and set the angle of the dish at 23.5 degrees.
Set the angle of the motor to 48 degrees, there are 2 scales on the SG2100, use the scale on the right side as you're looking at the motor from the rear.

Find your true south satellite using the link from above.
Depending on how far from true south your true south sat is you'll need to move your dish with the switch on the underside of the motor a few degrees East or West.
Once you've hit your true south sat, peak the dish for optimum signal strength by adjusting the dish, not the motor.

Once you have your true south satellite locked in with a good signal, store it in the motor - you'll have to read your manual for that.
When you've done that, let us know.

Ok I got the dish all set up .... when I was on the roof I got 100% using my meter, I have been looking for ant Sat and I can't find anything ....

any idea why ?

I'm going to state the obvious.........you have a 30" or larger dish with a KU Band LNBF, right?

You're not trying this with a Dish500 or 18" dish?

If you have a 30", for IA5 (T5), your area would be
34.7 elevation
231.4 azimuth (+16 included)

key thing to remember is, it takes a little more for FTA to tune in. When you get in the vicinity, move it 1/4" and wait 3-5 seconds before continuing

Signal doesnt mean anything...its the signal quality that matters :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)