New guy with 722 receiver and OTA question.

The receiver can be set to allow TV1 to be controlled by a UHF remote. You would need to get another UHF remote, and make sure the "key" at the bottom of that remote (you can find it when you open the battery door cover) is flipped so that the number 1 is facing up. Then, you can address that remote in the System Info screen to control TV1. This way, you could independently control both TV1 and TV2 from other rooms, without needing to put the receiver in Solo Mode.

Ok, Have a problem... Extra remote has a #2 side and a UHF side. I flipped it to UHF. I programmed it and it will work on TV1, but only on IR. Is there a way to get the receiver to change from IR to UHF?? for TV1?? I can change the remote code but not IR to UHF.

You can start recording for 2 to DVR, then a few seconds later, start watching from the DVR.

Ok, Have a problem... Extra remote has a #2 side and a UHF side. I flipped it to UHF. I programmed it and it will work on TV1, but only on IR. Is there a way to get the receiver to change from IR to UHF?? for TV1?? I can change the remote code but not IR to UHF.
It may require you to change a setting in the Menu first, before you can use a UHF remote for TV1. I found the setting on my 512, but it may be different for ViP receivers. Here is where I went on the 512:
Menu > System Setup (6) > Installation (1) > TV1 UHF Pro Setup (6) > Enable

The description on that screen says:
"This feature allows you to navigate in the System Info screen to the TV1 address box and configure TV1 to be controlled by a UHF Pro remote. Select "Help" for more information."

Selecting the "Help" button brings up the following:
"The UHF Pro remote that supports this feature is available through your retailer or Dish Network. More detailed instructions for setting up this feature are included with the remote."

So, the first thing to try would be to look for this setting in the Menu. You should be able to navigate to the TV1 address box while you are on the System Info screen. Then, take the batteries out of the remote, and see if there is a small switch inside the battery compartment. If there is a switch, make sure it is set to UHF. It is also possible that this feature may not work with some models of UHF remote. The model I use is a 21.1 which works very well for me. I hope this helps.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I just thought of something else. Does your existing TV2 remote have a "1" side, rather than a UHF side? If so, then you could switch your TV2 remote to use for TV1, and then use the extra remote for TV2, after flipping it back to the "2" side.

Reactions: TheKrell
You'll need a TV 1 UHF key for the 6.3 remote...or as you can see by the notch you can slide the switch over to the left with a flat object.

Annotation 2020-08-16 220957.png

I even thought of a work around and switch TV channels. (TV1 and TV2) Nope the remote for the TV 1 is IR and TV2 is RF. Might be a work around, but just another hassle.
If you have your TV at the TV 2 Location set to Ch 60, put it on 63 and that will mirror TV 1. If it;''s on 73, put it on 75 to mirror TV1, then you can watch the locals as they play on TV1, but you're mirroring TV 1 so both will be on the same channel. If your not sure, at the 722, press Menu, 6, 1, 5 and see what the RF Modulator is set to. That way you won't have to do anything with the remote and if you flip that "Chip" over on the TV2 Remote, you're setting it t work with the receiver at TV1 in IR/UHF Mode and disabling it from working on TV2

Yeah!! Thanks all for the help... I had to look at the remote with a light to figure out the slider. I thought the plastic tabs were just to tell the remotes apart. I did not have the correct tab. (there are a few) It took the 3rd position to the right and in the setup menu of the 722 kicked it over from IR to IR/UHF. Now both remotes work on TV1 the old IR one, and the new UHF one in the other room. I just turn the TV to the TV1 channel and use the newly programed remote.

Thanks again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)