New H20 Changed to LEASE?????

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ncfuser

SatelliteGuys Family
Oct 12, 2005
Frederick, MD
I bought my first H20-600 from Best Buy in December. I also pay for the Directv Protection Plan.
So I have had the pain reboot problem of my H20-600 and they already replaced it once a few months ago. So it has become more frequent and I have called about 10 times in the last month, and they said they are not replacing it because it is a known problem. So I called again on Monday, because it is almost unwatchable, and they told me they would ship me a new one. I got a new H20-100 yesterday and called to activate it. Works great, then they tell me it is a leased box.....
HOLD UP!!!
I told the girl the story of how I bought it in December and this is a replacement for a bad box covered under Directv's Protection Plan. She told me to hold for someone else.
The next person told me that since my purchased box was replaced, it becomes a leased box!!!
I told him that is Bull, and after about 15 minutes, they finally told me ok they changed it to owned.
Hope they aren't doing this to everyone without telling them.

They did it to me on an owned R15 that was replaced under the protection plan. I also had to ask to be transferred to retention before they changed their tune.

Now that your H20 is a leased unit you don't need the protection plan. If a leased unit breaks it will get replaced for free.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts