New HD Channel on VOOM: Equator HD to start 6/15

All the above mentioned "new shows" on Equator Hd have been shown on Gallery! So the New Channel is new in name only with a 3 hour loop?? What's going on??

Stay Tuned

It is only the infancy of this channel. Their promo promises to take us to India , Pakistan, Valenzuela, South Africa , Tunisia, I havent seen any shows on gallery to that effect, so i do believe they have a library of programming in store for us. Patience in King. I love this channel, it is like a non-stop vacation, cool. I have never seen this show Eye of England, Lodon to Oxford. I was in London a few months ago and this brought back memories. All credit to Voom for Trying a new formula on Television with their original shows. I think this channel will be a hit. It is their version of the Travel Channel which i would love to see switch to HD

It is a Travel-HD channel. I am watching England: London to Oxford. It reminds me of the PBS programs showing the panaromic views of NJ, Maine, etc. This is a travel from London to Oxford.

Here's what's coming in the next few days:

Equator-HD: England: London to Oxford (Travel)
Equator-HD: France: Provence (Travel)
Equator-HD: Italy: Bologna to Venice
Equator-HD: England: Nottingham to Brighton (Travel)
Equator-HD: France: Cote d'Azur (Travel)
Equator-HD: Italy: Genoa to Siena (Travel)

Check the Daily Schedule to time and date.

I have a 1 inch black bar at the bottom of the screen on this program (London to Oxford). When it shows their other programs, it does not show it. Kind of weird.

What did you people expect? Voom to wave its magic wand and instantly have 24hr programming? This is the same problem voom has on all of its exclusives.... too many channels and not enough content. The Equator channel "content" could have easily been aired on Rush or some other channel. But yes soon you wont have a 3 hour loop. It will be a six hour loop. LMAO

equator is the first channel to screw up my geometry. I have a large black band at the bottom of the TV right now on the london show.

Also, it looks like hot air is floating over the screen, it is slightly wavy. This must be the STB converting 1080i to 720p. BUt I've never seen it on any other channel. Mayube I'll let the TV do the scaling and see if it goes away.

occammd said:
equator is the first channel to screw up my geometry. I have a large black band at the bottom of the TV right now on the london show.

I think it has to do with this particular presentation (London to Oxford). When it went back to show something else, it looked fine. So don't try to fix your geometry.

I was looking at the credits and It looks like it said this program was comissioned by VOOM but produced by WLIW. WLIW is a local PBS station in Long Island, NY who recently shot down their OTA HD feed to Long Islanders and New Yorkers.

From the previews i have seen. It looks like some of the content is what i saw over a year ago when i had TWC HD and the local PBS station was broadcasting this on a loop. Had TWC HD for a month just to watch the superbowl in HD. Dropped it after the SB because of limited channls and the cost.
I do remember the quality was very stunning. Diffinately had the WOW factor going. Hope this new channel comes through like that too.

Sean Mota said:
I was looking at the credits and It looks like it said this program was comissioned by VOOM but produced by WLIW. WLIW is a local PBS station in Long Island, NY who recently shot down their OTA HD feed to Long Islanders and New Yorkers.

Many PBS stations were given an HD camera or could obtain one at drastically reduced prices several years ago. When PBS-HD first went on line it was all material shot from the PBS stations with music in the background. Just think how borring that was, 3 different 90 minute loops 24/7 for over a year.

From what I can see from the listings a lot will be comming from PBS stations. And appears to be a mix of PBS/National Geographic produced travel productions. The listed Bologna to Venice actually aired on PBS-HD last summer and I think I remember it was a WLIW production.

Getting old PBS material and showing it on another station is ridiculous. We already have a PBS station!!! Give us new content if your gonna waste an HD bandwidth on it.

vurbano, what new content would you like? Is there some "new content" that they are not showing and not trying to get?

They are building a new channel and it will certainly take some time to build their library of content. Heck, I remember when watching the discovery channels (DISC, TLC, THC, etc) that if you watched a show for 6 hours, you saw everything twice. Give them some time and they will change their 3 hour loop to 6 hours to 12 hours.

As we all are aware, there still just are not enough HD cameras in the world.

I see England, I see France, I see squat they hyped in advance :)

I hate being negative all the time, but COME ON! you'd think they'd debut a new channel with NEW material that they showed in the previews? The programming dept. must be run by a bunch of morons or sadists.

Mr.Poindexter said:
vurbano, what new content would you like? Is there some "new content" that they are not showing and not trying to get?

They are building a new channel and it will certainly take some time to build their library of content. Heck, I remember when watching the discovery channels (DISC, TLC, THC, etc) that if you watched a show for 6 hours, you saw everything twice. Give them some time and they will change their 3 hour loop to 6 hours to 12 hours.

As we all are aware, there still just are not enough HD cameras in the world.
If you dont have the content for a new channel dont create the channel. add content to the others. They are farrrrrrr from non repetitive! Anyone else tired of Motopig reruns, etc?

Yes soon they will have a 12 hour loop, Heck soon you will be able to watch 24 hrs of programming, the same programming 7 days a week!!!! WOW!!!!!

barth2k said:
I see England, I see France, I see squat they hyped in advance :)

I hate being negative all the time, but COME ON! you'd think they'd debut a new channel with NEW material that they showed in the previews? The programming dept. must be run by a bunch of morons or sadists.
Id vote morons

vurbano said:
If you dont have the content for a new channel dont create the channel. add content to the others. They are farrrrrrr from non repetitive! Anyone else tired of Motopig reruns, etc?

Yes soon they will have a 12 hour loop, Heck soon you will be able to watch 24 hrs of programming, the same programming 7 days a week!!!! WOW!!!!!

Do you have a non-tv life vurbano? :)

You seem to be watching (or wanting to watch) a lot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)