New HD Channel on VOOM: Equator HD to start 6/15

Can somebody summarize what EquatorHD programs are re-runs from Gallery, ect vs. what (if any) is new. For me everything looks new, perhaps because I never watched Gallery before ;)

Im all for new ch's, but they should really revamp their lineup and put more cash into the ch's that could be good if they do so. I know its all about the number of HD ch's that they provide....but people see through that sort of stuff. What is good about having 20 something HD ch's when you really only watch half ...maybe even less than half of them in any given month. Any new company or new ch for that matter is going to have its growing pains....I remember when cartoon network started , they didnt have the content like they do today. But on the other hand I feel they did a good thing buy moving the epics ch to the cin10 and adding this ch. One thing is for sure is that programming is going to take time to develop and secure by contract. I wish they would cut down the CIN10...get rid of MOOV..and that Model ch(whatever its called) and put the savings into the other ch's they have currently.

vurbano said:
DivineHD must be on an intermission so you have some spare time on your hands.

Actually, I haven't seen Divine yet. But why did Divine come to your mind vurbano? Closet problems? :)

What Channel number is this???? I do not see it in the PG or on the Zap2it Guide. Maybe Ive just been staring at this computer screen too long.

circuslove said:
What Channel number is this???? I do not see it in the PG or on the Zap2it Guide. Maybe Ive just been staring at this computer screen too long.
Channel 122, though the PG still shows it as Epics which was moved into one of the Cinema10 chanels.

I agree with Mr. Pointdexter, obviously Voom is taking a step to please viewers, provide a Travel Channel in HD that is commercial free seems like a great idea. If they re-use last years PBS broadcasts (which I didn't see anyway) mixed in with new ones, it's not going to be that way forever. I am sure they will shoot or buy new shows and keep mixing it up until we have more channel variety.

Crap! I'm on vacation this week and totally spaced out about EquatorHD, but I'll have to wait till tonight to check it out since I'm not turning on my pj till the NBA game tonight. Damn, I need to get another HD display.

Not for anything but I agree with Vurbano. I am happy with Voom. I want Voom. I need Voom. I love Voom. I have Voom since Dec 2003. But I sure as hell think that if they are going to advertise a product that they don't just show me the box when they promote it to be available. I understand that many channels don't have much content at the moment, but do not advertise and give Hype and not deliver. With the bad PR it has gotten, it just simply STUPID. What kind of Executive says "Yes let's go live with this channel and it's ok if we have no content." It is just plum stupid.

I am CEO of a medium sized service related business (112 employees) and if advertised and did not deliver, I would be looking for a job right now.

Think about it Voom. I want you to succeed, but you are not helping

I will say that equatorHD has good PQ. Evidently the footage is of high quality. Voom has been combining channels and that is a step in the right direction. But I sure hope we get at least a new 3 hour loop everyday. Otherwise the novelty will wear off quick. I get the feeling that voom is just throwing channels out there with limited content, like eqHD to see if it flies, I think monsters has succeeded but still should be a cinema channel. I think Rush is teetering, Worldsport will work if it can get more content. Rave desperately needs more concerts. And well, Moov? I hope Dolan is big enough to admit he made a mistake.

Walter L. said:
It's definively a step in the right direction. Let's give it some time to get more content. Even "as is", EquatorHD is still better than Epics :)
yup, the first day at least. But I was amazed at discoveryHD when I first saw it on D*... but that amazement ended after a few weeks.

All the HD channels I have seen are hurting for content. I have InHD 1 & 2 via Comcast and they repeat just like DiscoveryHD and the rest of the lot. We just have to have a little patience until the rest of the world embraces the HD revolution.

TC_Lauderdale said:
All the HD channels I have seen are hurting for content. I have InHD 1 & 2 via Comcast and they repeat just like DiscoveryHD and the rest of the lot. We just have to have a little patience until the rest of the world embraces the HD revolution.
I don't think we can compare InHD to any of the Voom originals. It's like comparing Angelina Jolie to Mindy Cohn, it's not close. INHD does repeat many of the travelHD stuff Equator HD has, but InHD having MLB three times a week gives them 3 more compelling shows than EquatorHD, IMO. The world location, native story, geography, etc. genre is super-saturated by Gallery, Equator, Bravo, and DHDT right now. If Voom wants to duplicate programming, why not give us SpiceHD? Charlie E. has proven it's a valid business model. ;)

I think this channel will become a hit if it shows everything that it's advertising right now. Some of the highlights are excellent and gives you the temptation to ask why not now...show them all now.... But you go back and think yes, I have to wait.

I forgot to say that if you catch "Broadway Remembers" it has a lot of highlights of the neighborhood where I work. Rev. Ike's palace place is about 10-15 blocks from where I work. Some of the restaurants that you see on Broadway at around 179 street are the restaurants that I have launch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)