NEW HD Channels are LIVE

I still have a Dish 6000 and 811 receivers with AEP and HD pak. Will I see any of
the new Hd just added in this preview or is this only for 211 and 622 mpeg 4
receivers? :confused:

Thanks, James

Does somebody mind creating a post that includes the new channels, what channel number they are, what resolution they are, and what package you have to subscribe to in order to receive each of the channels?

There's been so much talk about so many channels Dish is adding/thinking of adding/HD-LITEing/Uplinked/etc. that I'm really really confused.

Also, if it's possible to do it without using acronyms, that would be great too.

JamesMck said:
I still have a Dish 6000 and 811 receivers with AEP and HD pak. Will I see any of
the new Hd just added in this preview or is this only for 211 and 622 mpeg 4
receivers? :confused:

Thanks, James

Sorry but it looks like its just for mpeg 4 receivers.

According to the DISH website, the new HD channels are available on all "metal" packages (bronze, silver, gold or platinum). The website indicates 26 HD channels regardles of what package one has. Is this false advertising ?

I have the silver package so which of the new HD channels am I getting today that i didnt get yesterday ?

So far all of the HD channels (excluding the HBO, SHOWTIME, STARZ) have been available to all HD metal packages (bronze, silver, gold ect.) I don't think that they would start now with making customers upgrade to gold just to get NatGeog HD.

I'm sure that all Metalic packages will be getting the NATGEO channel. The free preview thing could mean anything.... All new HD except premiums will be available to all metalic subscrbers....

Yeah well if you pay for a HD Package and your on the New Receivers with the new HD Plans. Everyone should get all the HD Channels except the Movie Channels like Starz,HBO so on..

I know a lot of you have not actually seen the channels yet, but in the guide there is a message that says, "Free Preview unitl July 7, to keep receiving this channel upgrade to DishHD Gold". It could not be any clearer this channel will only be available to gold suscribers after July 7. The message is similar to the Tennis Channel preview message they had when that channel debuted.

Yeah on Dish WebSite they have changed the programing around and on the HD Side it has all the HD Channels listed.. Also says their are 26 Channels of HD which it says the same for all the pakages which should be right due to folks are already paying more for HD since the last price increase a month or two ago..

Is It me but looking at the prices on their site now since they have updated it.. It looks like to me that the prices just went Up again?? Someone correct me if Im wrong..

Last edited:
Ok it was me was looking at another price guide and now their showing that they offer 29 HD Channels.. Sorry!

riffjim4069 said:
Don't forget to check out the new DishHD Loop on the DishHD Demo channel (9443).
I believe that is only available on 61.5, those of us who get HD from 129 can't see it. I don't have 9443 as an option.

Lucky said:
I know a lot of you have not actually seen the channels yet, but in the guide there is a message that says, "Free Preview unitl July 7, to keep receiving this channel upgrade to DishHD Gold". It could not be any clearer this channel will only be available to gold suscribers after July 7. The message is similar to the Tennis Channel preview message they had when that channel debuted.
Well I hope they change their mind or I am gone. :mad: I dropped D* for more HD content. I felt forced into the Bronze package since all I wanted from Dish is HD.

I already have better quality HD on cable for free and no committment so the decision is easy

I get a kick out of everyone on here that expects all these new HD channels for nothing.

Oh, i'm dropping DISH if they don't put this in Bronze...blah blah blah...

You think they got the tranmission rights to these channels for nothing?? Pony up some $$$ like the rest of us.

dlm10541 said:
I already have better quality HD on cable for free and no committment so the decision is easy

It was already discussed here many times : THERE IS NO FREE HD ON CABLE.:devil:
1. Local OTA HD is not free on cable: you should have some sort of basic package for that. It is part of that package, but it is not free.
Local OTA HD is free only with STB (satellite or independent) with OTA antenna.
2. Other "free" HD channels are part of other packages. These packages are not free.
3. Total number of HD channels on cable at least 2 times less then currently available on Dish Network.
4. better quality HD: Dish HD (excluding Voom part) is identical to OTA HD in PQ. So don't know how cable HD can be better. You can't compare to Voom - cable doesn't have Voom.

RandallA said:
I'm just simply dropping the HD package if they don't put add them. Too much crap from E* with this HD packages.

From your tantrum, it sounds like Baby TV might be more your speed.....

Sorry, stand down the missiles, I'm just kidding....... It was too good an opening to let go unexploited....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)