NEW HD Channels are LIVE

leo250 said:
If this is indeed true, why doesn't the web site list NGHD as a free preview. I am rather naive in the world of marketing, but whether you are a new bronze or silver subscriber or a current subscriber (I am a current silver) someone appears to be stretching the truth or outright lying.:confused:

Sigh......

Definitions of mistake:

* a wrong action attributable to bad judgment or ignorance or inattention; "he made a bad mistake"; "she was quick to point out my errors"; "I could understand his English in spite of his grammatical faults"
* identify incorrectly; "Don't mistake her for her twin sister"
* an understanding of something that is not correct; "he wasn't going to admit his mistake"; "make no mistake about his intentions"; "there must be some misunderstanding--I don't have a sister"
* error: part of a statement that is not correct; "the book was full of errors"
* err: to make a mistake or be incorrect

Here is the correct info:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=68227

NightRyder

DWS44 said:
Point taken...but look at it from this angle. Let's compare the prices of the HD Metallic packages, and the non-HD packages, price-wise:

AT60 (29.99) to HD Bronze (49.99) = $20 difference for HD
AT120 (39.99) to HD Silver (59.99) = $20 difference for HD
AT180 (49.99) to HD Gold (69.99) = $20 difference for HD

No matter which pack you have, you pay $20 for HD. Now, if NG-HD is only available to Gold subscribers, that means that the Gold subscribers are getting 1 more channel than bronze/silver for the same amount. I understand Movie channels being different, but not regular channels. If they are going to follow this model for future HD additions, then the HD package additional price should vary like the base price does.
Your math does not make sense. Gold/AT180 people pay $10 more to get standard NG and others. Thus we also get NG-HD. No sd NG means no NG-HD. How hard is this to understand people? No starz, no starz-hd. Its no different.

Last edited:
Actually it is false advertising if NG HD is not going to be included in HD Bronze after 7/7. But I believe it is not being listed there as an intentional bait & switch. Probably just an error on the part of whomever puts the pages up.

Dish should change it ASAP, or they could draw a fine.

Tom Bombadil said:
Actually it is false advertising if NG HD is not going to be included in HD Bronze after 7/7. But I believe it is not being listed there as an intentional bait & switch. Probably just an error on the part of whomever puts the pages up.

Dish should change it ASAP, or they could draw a fine.
A fine from who the Internet police? I'm sure they have their ass covered in a legal document somewhere on their website that says there may be mistakes on their website. Sorta like how retailers can *fix* pricing mistakes online. Otherwise buy.com owes me a shitload of cheap monitors!

scooby2 said:
Your math does not make sense. Gold/AT180 people pay $10 more to get standard NG and others. Thus we also get NG-HD. No sd NG means no NG-HD. How hard is this to understand people?

In a backward way, you made my point. Gold are paying $10 more to get STANDARD (as in NON-HD) NG and others...yet EVERYONE is paying $20 to get the HD channels. Why should anyone get fewer channels for that $20 than someone else?!?

DWS44 said:
In a backward way, you made my point. Gold are paying $10 more to get STANDARD (as in NON-HD) NG and others...yet EVERYONE is paying $20 to get the HD channels. Why should anyone get fewer channels for that $20 than someone else?!?
You cheap asses crack me up. If you don't get the channel in standard definition, why would you get it in HD? Show me an example of Dish doing this. "I pay the $20 HD fee and I demand Starz HD, HBO HD, and Showtime HD even though I don't subscribe!!!!"

I myself actually do subscribe as i'm on Dish Platinum. Thus I will get NG-HD

NEOSG said:
What qualifies someone as a cheap ass?
Good question but I bet you NG wants to get paid for their HD channel. So to solve everything lets have dish raise the HD price $2 a month to $22 then it can be put in bronze and make everyone happy. Oh wait, then everyone would be bitching about a price increase. Dish can't win.

scooby2 said:
Good question but I bet you NG wants to get paid for their HD channel. So to solve everything lets have dish raise the HD price $2 a month to $22 then it can be put in bronze and make everyone happy. Oh wait, then everyone would be bitching about a price increase. Dish can't win.

Dish is already charging an additional 10 dollars more than they did for the "old" HD package and only add a couple of channels. The thought process from what I understand was so when they add additional channels they would not need to raise prices again.

scooby2 said:

sh*t, I spent more than $2 on the phone this morning only to have those morons at dish not be able to locate the HD stand alone package. And this was when calling tech support , and in the other ear calling the executive offices. I eventually had to hang up so as to not get too upset. It wasn't worth it. I figure I would just let other people deal with it and eventually call back another time.

BUNCH OF FRICKIN IDIOTS. THEY GET NO SYMPATHY FROM ME AND DESERVE EVERYONE TO START BITCHING.

if your going to sell it, make sure all your supporting info (website, guide) and staff know WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!!!!!

Last edited:
This is the way I see it......I currently have the Silver package for 59.99 so I would need to pay $10 more to get the Gold package in order to get one more HD channel (NG HD) ???......and that would be the only additional HD channel I would get ??.........c'mon

The DISH website indicates all metallic packages (except platinum) get 26 HD channels......inclusive of NG HD. It cant be any clearer than that. It specifically lists NG HD in the list of HD channels for bronze, silver and gold. That is definitely misleading if that is not the case......the free preview has nothing to do with it in my opinion.

If i ordered bronze or silver package today assuming I would get NG HD (as the website says I would) only to have it yanked after July 7......I would be pi**ed off.

Yeah I agree! You pay for the HD Plan it should included all HD only thing I would see folks haveing to pay extra for are the movie channels.

gjh3260 said:
This is the way I see it......I currently have the Silver package for 59.99 so I would need to pay $10 more to get the Gold package in order to get one more HD channel (NG HD) ???......and that would be the only additional HD channel I would get ??.........c'mon

The DISH website indicates all metallic packages (except platinum) get 26 HD channels......inclusive of NG HD. It cant be any clearer than that. It specifically lists NG HD in the list of HD channels for bronze, silver and gold. That is definitely misleading if that is not the case......the free preview has nothing to do with it in my opinion.

If i ordered bronze or silver package today assuming I would get NG HD (as the website says I would) only to have it yanked after July 7......I would be pi**ed off.

Why do people expect to get the HD version of a channel with they dont even get the SD verison of the channel?

DWS44 said:
Good way to have a discussion...just call me a cheap ass and go on. Took alot of intelligence. :rolleyes:
Someone has to say it. Dish can't give everything to everyone for free. There is a reason NG is in AT180 and not AT120. The contract most likely states to get NG-HD you must have NG-sd. Thus NG gets paid more money. This is the most common agreement used by providers.

Then DISH better tell their webmaster to change their site because it is definitely confusing and misleading (whether it be intentional or not) and put an asterisk or something behind the NG HD listing stating that its only available with the Gold package.

Is it just coincidence that NG was part of a free preview when DISH flipped the switch on the 4 new HD channels ???? Hmmmmmmmmmmm...........

scooby2 said:
Someone has to say it. Dish can't give everything to everyone for free. There is a reason NG is in AT180 and not AT120. The contract most likely states to get NG-HD you must have NG-sd. Thus NG gets paid more money. This is the most common agreement used by providers.

Someone has to say what?
In case it's going over your head, it's not so much what you said as HOW you said it. Contrary to what you may think, you really DID NOT have to call anyone "cheap asses" - honest.:)

Yeah I agree DWS44! But from what the CSR just told me is that to get NGHD that folks were going to half to be on the Gold or Higher which is totally BS! Again we that moved to the new receivers and got on these so called new HD plans are already pay more than before. It’s not worth paying more money for one channel that you really should be already getting.. Plus on their web site they show all the HD Channels the same in all the HD Plans which to me is misleading. To fix this they should show what HD channels you get in each plan then put the movies channels like HBO, Starz, and Showtime as extra pay channel separate from all the other HD Channels.. Pay $10 for one channel is stupid there is not a channel out there worth it... Also I never subscribe to movies channels due to they show the same movies over and over and movies that are 8-9 months old. Movies come out on DVD much quicker now and you can rent and see new movies on DVD way before they are on any movie channels. New DVD releases come out every Tuesday of the month. Why because the movie industry makes just as much money on DVD Sales as what the movies do at the box office. That’s why the movie industry is taking about releasing their movies out on DVD as the same time as it goes to box office... This is one of the main reason why theaters are hurting nation wide is due to it cheaper to say home and watch the movie and they come out so quick now on DVD..

Last edited:
I apologize. Long week in my sh!tty ass job its no excuse, I know check the jobs post in pub, Michigan is a hole.

I do agree the website is messed up and anyone that calls should get NG-HD for free. All their people are probably at the team summit shindig so they can't change it. Why NG sd is in AEP180 and not 120 or below is beyond me. My only guess is it is something like OLN. They want more money and this whole thing is part of the contract they signed. NG is owned by the evil Rupert Murdoch owner of DirecTV so I'm sure he is greedy and will make it a big pain or worse to get the FOX HD channel that is supposed to be launched sometime in the next year. Supposed to show HD stuff from FX, Speed, etc.

Yeah well I can see why they charge more for the Gold due to their is more SD but if your already paying more for HD you should get all the HD Channels except the movie channels. If they are not going to do things this way then they should do diffrent rates for the HD Channels then like they do SD..

ETA for Update allowing External Drive Transfering????

PocketDish: Archos ducking warrantee

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)