New HD channels coming!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
every one know directv need to keep off their ass and add more hd channels so don;t get piss off at me.d is falling behind in the hd channels.tell like it is d is not keeping with e with the national hd channels.i like having espnu in hd and the sport channels in hd also i want hln,ngw ,and other channels in hd.

every one know directv need to keep off their ass and add more hd channels so don;t get piss off at me.d is falling behind in the hd channels.tell like it is d is not keeping with e with the national hd channels.i like having espnu in hd and the sport channels in hd also i want hln,ngw ,and other channels in hd.

translation?

translation?

I think I got this one :

Translation below

Everyone knows Directv needs to get off thier ass and add more hd channels; so don't get pissed off at me. D* is falling behind in HD channels . Telling it like it is D* is not keeping up with E* when it comes to national HD channels. I like having epsnu and the sport channels in ad but also I would like to see HLN(CNN Headline News), NGW( Nat Geo Wild ), and other channels in HD.

This translation has been brought to you via the Stonecold for DTV Online Community Manager movement.

OK, to that I say like I have always said; "keeping up" is a load of BUNK. Having 100% worthwhile adds it GREAT and all anyone should be worried about; not simply trying to have everything or competing 1 on 1 with any other provider. Each business has their own methods and paths to the end goal. And based on the numbers I have seen, DirecTV seems to be doing a much better overall job. Great for them and it serves the entire subscriber base well.. I havemaybe 2 or 3 channels at best that "I THINK" are truly missing, but at least I understand that I am only 1 of what, 17, 18 or 19 plus million users. So I call DirecTV directly and make my wishes be known and refrain from daily and weekly post in new thread after new thread. No need sounding like a spoiled child that's not getting my way or asking "are we there yet". LOL Thanks!

Am I alone in thinking that if I pay 115 bucks a month for X number of channels & another 10 bucks a month for HD service, shouldn't I get ALL HD feeds available for channels that I am paying for, regardless if I watch the channels 1 hour a month or 10 hours a day?

steecoe said:
Am I alone in thinking that if I pay 115 bucks a month for X number of channels & another 10 bucks a month for HD service, shouldn't I get ALL HD feeds available for channels that I am paying for, regardless if I watch the channels 1 hour a month or 10 hours a day?

You're not alone. For the majority of channels, the HD feed is already there. But, when Directv negotiated the rights to carry the SD feed, either the HD feed wasn't available or not included. The networks want more money for HD. It's all about supply and demand. From Directv's perspective, it's better to wait for the contract to be renewed and bargain for HD then rather than sign a separate contract. Now on the other hand,you know for $115/month you're getting x amount of SD channels and for $10/month, you know which channels in HD you will receive. And anything added afterwards is just gravy. I can see and agree with both sides of the argument.

I suppose I would agree with your point if a provider existed that carried all HD content.

I chose DirecTV since it is the best choice for my programming desires. I'd like to see some of the often-mentioned channels added to DirecTV's lineup in HD but in order to get those, I'd need to change providers and lose other channels of HD content.

I would really like to see directv add AMC in HD...

For the past 2-3 years, they have been saying that they are "in discussion with" (Cablevision owned) Rainbow Media about adding AMC-HD. How much discussion does this really require?

It seems to me that they are in no hurry to add HD channels in the basic package...as it won't help them make additional money off their current customers....At the same time, if they add more premium movie channels in HD (and premium package HD channels), they have the possibility of making money off current subscribers (who may end up upgrading their programming packages).

For the past 10 years, I've been paying over $225/month for DirectTV programming and I can't get one of the most basic channels in HD (an HD channel that every cable customer has available to them).

Also, what is this crap with DirectTV selling PPV movies from the 80's in 90's in 1080p? Sorry, but I'm interested in paying $6 to watch Back to the Future once in 1080p

Since the new season of Doctor Who is starting this Saturday on BBCA, I'm wondering if we will have a BBCA HD festivi this Wednesday?

I don't have high hopes. I already planning on using "other means" to watch this season in HD.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts