New HD channels coming!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well that sucks.... What the frack is D* thinking. Even most cable companies have more national HD.

Whats wrong with getting more HD ?

Cinemax had been only 2 channels since the beginning for D* (technically 3, but 2 are east and west feed of the same channel).
$ 13 for 2 channels is ridiculous.

That said, they need to add more Nationals regardless.

I am also fed up with new HD only going to Premiums or PPV, which, in this economy of $4 going on $5 gas prices, a lot of us baby-boomers retiring on fixed incomes CANNOT AFFORD!

Let's all boycott Premiums and PPV until they start adding regular national HD!

Why should we have to pay for 1080p? If 3D does not require extra surcharges why do we have to pay PPV prices for old vintage movies in 1080p?

Use NETFLIX streaming for now--don't subsidize D* 's stupidity!!!!!

I am also fed up with new HD only going to Premiums or PPV, which, in this economy of $4 going on $5 gas prices, a lot of us baby-boomers retiring on fixed incomes CANNOT AFFORD!

Let's all boycott Premiums and PPV until they start adding regular national HD!

Why should we have to pay for 1080p? If 3D does not require extra surcharges why do we have to pay PPV prices for old vintage movies in 1080p?

Use NETFLIX streaming for now--don't subsidize D* 's stupidity!!!!!

I'm with you. I have none now.

Jimbo said:
Whats wrong with getting more HD ?

Cinemax had been only 2 channels since the beginning for D* (technically 3, but 2 are east and west feed of the same channel).
$ 13 for 2 channels is ridiculous.

That said, they need to add more Nationals regardless.

I didn't mean not adding to premium channels. Rather they should address national feeds as well.

Don't get me wrong, you guys will probably get AMC HD, BBC America HD,, truTV HD, and others. I was just letting you guys know that HBO Comedy and Cinemax seem to be the sure thing at the very least.

i agree we need more national hd channel not just premiuns channels .d need to get off their ass and start adding hd channels .

Festivus

* a holiday featured in a Seinfeld episode which includes the "Airing of Grievances" and "Feats of Strength". Called "The Holiday for the Rest of Us."

It's how we celebrate getting new HD channels.

Never watched Seinfeld. I can't get into sitcoms. That fake crowd laughter drives me nuts.

Don't get me wrong, you guys will probably get AMC HD, BBC America HD,, truTV HD, and others. I was just letting you guys know that HBO Comedy and Cinemax seem to be the sure thing at the very least.

Well it is true that you can never please all of the people all of the time... honestly I think it's awesome that we are FINALLY getting HBO Comedy and some more Cinemax... I could care less about truTV, BBCA. AMC will hopefully come on in HD before Mad Men comes back.

I have subscribed to basically every premium channel since 1999... I don't do sports, and when money has gotten tight, it's been Starz and not Cinemax that I drop as needed. Why? Because of all the premium channels Starz has more of the "summer" and "family" movies that I generally avoid. Cinemax basically has 2nd run HBO movies and shares some with Showtime--so for my ~$10 (discounted with the other 3) it's worth it--and more channels will be great! I've always kept D* because of the terrible customer service I've heard about from E*--even though they have been the premium-channel leader. It will be nice for D* to catch up.

HBO & Showtime of course have some of the best original series on television (if I could do a "pick 10" for the basic channels for $15-20 per month, then keep all the premiums and locals/distants, I'd do that IMMEDIATELY) and comprise over 50% of my watching, networks being the other 30% and the other 20% being split between news, AMC/History/NGC/Discovery/Comedy Central.

It's all about what you like ;-)

--Nat

Well it is true that you can never please all of the people all of the time... honestly I think it's awesome that we are FINALLY getting HBO Comedy and some more Cinemax... I could care less about truTV, BBCA. AMC will hopefully come on in HD before Mad Men comes back.

I have subscribed to basically every premium channel since 1999... I don't do sports, and when money has gotten tight, it's been Starz and not Cinemax that I drop as needed. Why? Because of all the premium channels Starz has more of the "summer" and "family" movies that I generally avoid. Cinemax basically has 2nd run HBO movies and shares some with Showtime--so for my ~$10 (discounted with the other 3) it's worth it--and more channels will be great! I've always kept D* because of the terrible customer service I've heard about from E*--even though they have been the premium-channel leader. It will be nice for D* to catch up.

HBO & Showtime of course have some of the best original series on television (if I could do a "pick 10" for the basic channels for $15-20 per month, then keep all the premiums and locals/distants, I'd do that IMMEDIATELY) and comprise over 50% of my watching, networks being the other 30% and the other 20% being split between news, AMC/History/NGC/Discovery/Comedy Central.

It's all about what you like ;-)

--Nat
I hear ya. I'm also a big premium channel guy. But if I was currently with D* instead of E*, I wouldn't be subbing to Cinemax because there's just not enough channels to justify the cost ($8 after discounts) So for me, if I was with D* it would be HBO, Showtime, and Starz.

i was on other board and they said we are getting one new HD channel on May 4th in HD pack, anyone know anything about this?

He's also hinted to more MaxHD coming, but they need to concentrate on a few of these well requested nationals many of us want. I'm not thrilled about Top Gear and Dr Who in SD, as well as The Killing.

Don't get me wrong, you guys will probably get AMC HD, BBC America HD,, truTV HD, and others.
Outside of TruTV HD, there's been no mention of basic national HD. Why do you think they would be probable?

It has been what, 10 months since the last basic national HD was added (Lifetime HD, Hallmark HD and Science HD on June 23rd, 2010)?

Next week's addition will be in the HD Extra package and the following addition is reportedly part of the perennial red-headed stepchild Cinemax movieplex.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts