New HD channels coming!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
People are really obsessed with polling these days...

I'm an avid television junkie and I hadn't heard of the channel until about 10 months ago when it was added to Dish. I don't need a poll to figure out that Shorts-HD is not on the majority of subscribers "short list" for must have channels.

I'm into relatively "artsy" and cinematic programming and Shorts-HD wouldn't make my list of the top 50 channels I don't have now that I'd want in HD...

When I can't watch shows like The Killing, Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Top Gear, Doctor Who or even The Cooking channel in HD - I could really care less about watching half thought out, low budget, glorified movie trailers.

I think the "average" subscriber would agree with me.

I agree with you 100%. Well put statement.

New HD is great, but I really question the order in which DirecTV is adding HD. If they are into independent, artsy / cinematic programming, why wouldn't they put the more popular IFC and Sundance channels in HD? However, there are more basic channels than that, which I would move higher up the totem pole to be added.

Well I guess we can't all be happy, maybe a bit more to come
we've been saying that for two years now. its disappointing the national hd channel additions D* has made in the last two years. am i going anywhere if they don't add more soon? not really. but that doesn't mean i'm happy with their strategy involving the addition of more national HD channels.

we've been saying that for two years now. its disappointing the national hd channel additions D* has made in the last two years. am i going anywhere if they don't add more soon? not really. but that doesn't mean i'm happy with their strategy involving the addition of more national HD channels.

Yes I agree, I am happy with my direct service. A couple more HD adds, DIY and HLN and I wil be happy :)

If you want sports in HD, get DirecTV. If AMC HD and BBC HD are that important, there is always DISH or cable.

If you want sports in HD, get DirecTV. If AMC HD and BBC HD are that important, there is always DISH or cable.

Been there, done that. No way. This is why I said I wasn't going anywhere. Of course if any of us have better options it would be dumb not to take it.

So, will DirecTV give us at least five HD channels before May ends? Or is this "festivus" a whole lotta fakery?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts