New HD channels coming!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I think it's an outrage that the network that has the second most Primetime Emmy Awards nominations for 2011 is not even offered in HD by Directv. I'm talking about AMC. I am paying them a lot of money every month and yet I have to face this aggravation. It's just wrong.

No, you don't have to "face this aggravation", whatever that means. You can go to a provider that gives you every single channel in hd that you want. What's that, there is no such provider? Hmmm, maybe you should stop your bitching then!

So are we getting AMC HD and the few others we don't have yet anytime soon?

It isn't looking good as we started season 4 of Breaking Bad last night with AMC SD. This is the one channel over any other I want in HD immediately. Investigation Discovery and TCM too but AMC HD above all else at this point. Maybe before Mad Men returns in 2012.

So it's "bitching" to complain that Directv does not offer the channel with the second most Emmy nominations in HD? I see. Some of us are not compliant sheep. When we see a wrong we want to do something about it.

So it's "bitching" to complain that Directv does not offer the channel with the second most Emmy nominations in HD? I see. Some of us are not compliant sheep. When we see a wrong we want to do something about it.

If you have been following at all, you would know that Directv has virtually stopped adding hd channels, for whatever reason. It's pretty clear that they don't consider A&E hd to be worth adding, or it would have been done already. Perhaps when D14 is operational you will see it. Until then, yes you are just bitching. For now, about the only thing you can do about it is go to another provider. Now where did I hear that before? Hmmm.

john262 said:

Only to a few proud d* apologists. In their eyes directv can do no wrong. Ignore them.

Only to a few proud d* apologists. In their eyes directv can do no wrong. Ignore them.

If you are talking about me, you are way off base. I am no apologist for Directv. I have been plenty critical of them and their lack of new hd channels. I am also a realist. Clearly Directv isn't adding many if any new regular hd channels. I'm not foolish enough to complain about something that isn't going to change any time soon. It's really pretty simple.

It's pretty clear that they don't consider A&E hd to be worth adding, or it would have been done already.

I get A&E HD in my DirecTV package. Not sure which package Chip is talking about. It is AMC HD we are "bitching" about. A little bitch does help, even with DirecTV. We FINALLY GOT MORE HBO AND MAX CHANNELS after years of bitching. I will bitch about AMC HD as long as it takes.

I get A&E HD in my DirecTV package. Not sure which package Chip is talking about. It is AMC HD we are "bitching" about. A little bitch does help, even with DirecTV. We FINALLY GOT MORE HBO AND MAX CHANNELS after years of bitching. I will bitch about AMC HD as long as it takes.

Oops! My bad, I meant AMC hd. Hey, I'd like to see AMC hd, too, as well as DIY hd and a few others. It's not going to happen for a while, regardless how much you complain about it.

DIY and HLN for me would be nice adds

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys!!

So, DO something about it ...

Talk to the people that make those choices, Let us know how that goes for ya, maybe they will add some more HD channels if someone starts actually contacting them instead of here.

Ok everybody stop razzing people about not being happy. Just let it go.

Complaining is fine, I want my TCM and I'm going to keep complaining until I get it. You said it was an "outrage" and that set some of the defense mechanisms off. It sucks but it's not "horrendous" or some of the other words people use to describe the lack of a channel. Hang in there and keep on "bitching"

Complaining is fine, I want my TCM and I'm going to keep complaining until I get it. You said it was an "outrage" and that set some of the defense mechanisms off. It sucks but it's not "horrendous" or some of the other words people use to describe the lack of a channel. Hang in there and keep on "bitching"

i really dont understand the want/need to hd tcm/amc
many of the movies they show are 50+years old and may not benefit from hd

personally i want everything thats available in HD. you can never have too many options :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)