New HD channels coming!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
One poster already listed some channels that DirecTV needs to add. When you consider that Dish Network and so many cable companies (in big markets and even ones not too big) are carrying a good dozen or so while DirecTV has dragged its butt, such channels will probably be included. I'm thinking of AMC HD, E! HD, Lifetime Movie Network HD, Turner Classic Movies HD, BBC America HD, History International HD, QVC HD, HSN HD, Headline News HD, Investigation Discovery HD, The Hub HD, Oprah Winfrey Network HD, GSN HD, National Geographic Wild HD, and Style Network HD.

Didn't Fox Movie Channel go HD?

And for posters mentioning premiums, I guess eventually all the screens of HBO and Cinemax will be brought in to catch up with Starz and Encore. Showtime Family Zone needs to come in; but don't know if it has a HD feed. Flix is available in HD. Seems to me, though, that DirecTV is altogether refecting the notion of carrying Epix channels.

I think D* is looking at viewership when deciding to add HD ... looking at the channels they have in HD now vs those people are asking about. You and many other have a list of channels they would like ....
For many of us, D* carries the channels we watch most in HD already .... now I'm not saying don't add anymore, just pointing out that what I watch is already in HD. BBCA being the only channel I watch thats not HD ... problem is the shows I watch on it won't be redone in HD anyways.

I would like to see them make a HBO/Cinemax group of channels.... It's really dumb to have only 3 channels in a package and still charge the same money. Also any addl. Cine channel available should be added, just to even out the programming difference, in HD of course.

While we are putting out our wish list in what we hope would be added with HD with this new rumor I would like....HLN, DIY, BBC...and maybe more preimum HBO? and the wife would like E! and OWN

How about MSGV,I don't think CV will give that one up any time soon.... they already gave us MSGHD & MSG+HD

How many channels in high defintion are possible for DirecTV to add?
48 uncarried national HD channels appeared in a recent DIRECTV survey and it left several key channels out (AMC,Fox Movie Channel, G4, HBOs and Cinemaxes).

All tolled (including both coasts of the premium movie plexes since DIRECTV seems to add them in parallel), there are certainly over 70 full-time national HD channels available to be added.

Slow down, he said a small Festivus with more to come later in the year. We're not getting a bunch of channels soon.
The current language could represent as few as three more channels this year, so it is important not to get carried away.

From Satelliteracer yesterday:

"Not everyone will be happy, that is a certainty in life. There are more HD channels coming after this launch."

all i been reading on this thread is a wish list.i believe it when i see the new hd channels all talk so far.

who is satracer? is he employ with d or what?i know he on the other form.

You wouldn't have a mini Festivus for a single channel. That would be reserved for at least 3 (but maybe 2.) A single channel is no reason to pull out the Festivus pole (unless it is your "home run" channel.)

I'm always a cynic, but I don't think satracer would have brought forth Festivus, unless were were going to see a good block of channels added in the coming months (and by good block I mean 6-12 new HD mixed between national and premium.) Knowing the audience, he would not have caused a stir if all were were going to see was OWN HD.

My only care right now is still to get BBCA-HD before April 23rd. So I'll bust out the Festivus pole for that occasion. Even if that is all that is to be offered in the near term.

or maybe the purpose of the festivus pole is to shove it up our back side once we see what channels were launched.............

rey_1178 said:
or maybe the purpose of the festivus pole is to shove it up our back side once we see what channels were launched.............

Ha. Other way around. Most people will want to shove it up Directv's back side once the channels are launched.:)

If their new monthly magazine is any indication (and historically the old mag had alot of incorrect info), the new HD channels are GSN , HBO Signature, HBO Family and Fox Soccer Plus (from part time to full time).

Big friggen whoop!

Don't sub to HBO, never even heard of GSN, and don't watch soccer.

I know many HBO subs have been looking forward to more HBO channels in HD. This will be good for them. Seriously, how many even care if GSN is in HD?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)