New HD Chans

Status
Please reply by conversation.

doug5

Original poster
Aug 20, 2005
i was wondering, when the new HD chans are going to be added to D* because that sattellite went up a while ago and i havent had any change at all

They new sat is sending down local HD stations for the markets they have launched MPEG4. No new national HD yet on 'em.

Its getting to the point where in the site rules, right next to announcements about NO HACK TALK, there should be something about using the search tool/not duplicating thread topics over and over again, and a check box to say you read an acknowledge it; because its getting really tough keeping up with the real topics that have the meat.

Not really. Try doing a search for "new HD channels" and see all the hits you get. It returns way too many. I understand using a search function first if you can but sometimes it is like using a dictionary when you don't know the second letter of the word.

I think the real question with the new channels, such as TNT if rumors are right, is will they be released so us with MPEG2 can get them, or will they only be an MPEG4 release. I can see new channels being released but only being able to be seen with MPEG4 equipment.

No. I emailed D* and they told me that TNT HD will be MPEG2. They further stated that new national channels wouldn't be MPEG4 until all HD customers had been upgraded to MPEG4 equipment -- a couple years away at least.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Headend components

Newb question - purchasing older receiver?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)