New HD DVR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mmittner

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 25, 2006
I believe my HR21-100 crapped the bed, because it keeps freezing and rebooting itself every hour. I called D* and they want to send someone out as a service call, but I dont have the protection plan so there going to charge $49 and I dont want them showing up to my service address (for other reasons.) They said they could send a new HD DVR for $20, and I don't want them to ship it to my service address but rather have them send it to my billing address. Would they do this with no questions asked? Thanks in advance for your response.

I agree with Yorktown. What are you hiding from us in order to help you out. Seems simple enough, do what your contract say's. If something is broken or not working right, then suck it up and get it fixed properly. You can't have it both ways.

Sounds like you "moved." Not sure what the big deal is....

Ok, pretty simple. You have really only one option. Call and change your service address back to your billing address either before hand or at the same time. Just make something up. Your moving back from your vacation home, whatever. Have them ship you a new box and pay the 20 bucks. You will have to wait a month or so to "move" back to your vacation home. You will lose those locals you moved for....but that is the price you pay for moving sometimes......

What if I tipped the installer $50.00 worth of pot instead of cash? :p

reminds me of...he got weed!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHhKIyAk69g]YouTube - Chris Rock How not to get your ass kicked by the police[/ame]

This thread wasn't intended to turn into a pot thread.... Let's stay on track here, OK. LOL. But seriously can Directv sent a new receiver to my mailing address without any problems?

your IP has already been submitted to DirecTV's fraud dept. you can't tell me you havn't noticed the black helicopters

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)