New HD GUI

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I saw someone mention they got a new box, not sure if that was for the update or not.. I have the HD/DVR box so am I good??? and where do I go to look for the updates?? Sorry I'm new to the forum and been with Direct for a little over a year. Thanks

I saw someone mention they got a new box, not sure if that was for the update or not.. I have the HD/DVR box so am I good??? and where do I go to look for the updates?? Sorry I'm new to the forum and been with Direct for a little over a year. Thanks

You don't go anywhere to look for updates. They are automatically sent to your receiver.

You don't go anywhere to look for updates. They are automatically sent to your receiver.

Ok, the reason why I asked is also because I saw the video of someone that had it on pause and had some sort of music playing while it was paused. Thought I was missing out on some goods. Thanks for your help.

KayotiicDat said:
Ok, the reason why I asked is also because I saw the video of someone that had it on pause and had some sort of music playing while it was paused. Thought I was missing out on some goods. Thanks for your help.

Haven't head or seen any music being played while on "Pause".
That would be really ODD and a Bad thing if it came on when on pause.
I can see the Screen saver coming on after your paused long enough, but not music.

I have not seen anything like that with mine yet ... been using the new HD GUI for over a month now.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

It was released in Las Vegas and slowly making its way east. I've never understood why they do this. Guess I'll start a thread!

Numerous threads on why they don't just roll it out on all devices at once but ill fill ya in just for help out sake. If they rolled it out nationwide all at once and there was a glitch they would have millions of people calling the support offices all at once and many many people would probably jump ship. Even if there isnt a problem, seems that when they release things that change functionality alot of people call in anyways even if things are working to complain or just ask questions about it. If you just roll it out lets say one state at a time then you have that many less people calling in, so less hold times and less recievers to "fix" in the event of a problem.

phin said:
My Son is a DTV install tech and told me he loves the look of the new HDguide. Anyone had the download yet and if so how do you like it?

I have it and love it! It's night and day from what the speed of the guide and box use to be

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts