New HD GUI

Status
Please reply by conversation.
About half of my clock rolls off the top of my screen. It is fine left to right.

My set has about a 3%-4% overscan, which has never really been an issue. I think of it as being a 49" inch image displayed within a 47" window. For the most part, there is almost never anything of any importance on that thin outer edge.

Everything else on the UI fits easily onto the screen. The "live" image playing in the upper left corner has about 3/4" of "black space" above it.

Still no Pandora, any suggestions?

I don't think Pandora is a part of the national release. I'm going back to the CE tomorrow so I can get back the version of the fast forward bar that doesn't cover up all of the bottom of the screen. I thought the national release would be alot newer than this.

Just noticed that I can see more of the clock at some times and less at others. This is because this set employs a feature named "Image Shift" which slightly moves the image around, to prevent CRT screen burn in. I've never noticed it having an affect before, in the nearly 7 years that I've owned it. But I can see it now, for how much of the digital clock is shown on the screen varies. I've seen as much as 2/3rds of the clock on screen, which is enough to tell what time it is. But then other times it is more like 1/3rd, too little to discern the time.

The anti-burn in does seem to work. I estimate the set has about 11,000 hours on it, having watched a lot of 4:3 and 2.35:1 in native modes and with all of the channels that use on-screen logos and tickers, and there is not the slightest evidence of burn-in.

I am shocked at how much faster it is. My HR21-100 has always been slow and I thought it always would be.
Bingo. The main reason I've been trying to get this thing for weeks. Rather than sit up and wait for the Friday/Saturday night downloads, firmware watcher said it's in the streams early A.M. when I'm up anyway. 057B is downloading and my receiver is booting up now. DC got pushed off another 2 weeks so couldn't take it any longer. We'll see how it goes.

Got the new guide yesterday it looks great and it seems faster as well.. :)

I doubt its private so I U/L it here. No need for anyone to have to go to another site.

Attachments

• Copy of Updated HDGUI rollout 1-9-12.xls
    41 KB · Views: 182
I'm liking the new GUI, just got home so it updated it over the time I was away.

new guide.

I like the new guide from directv it looks a lot nicer and a nice layout. Any thoughts?

Dan Rose

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)