New HD GUI

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Attachments

• Updated HDGUI rollout 1-9-12.xls
    35 KB · Views: 156
This is a rather long thread, so my apologies of this has already been asked and answered.

The new HD GUI was rolled out to my receiver about a week ago and on the whole, it looks and for the most part, functions very nicely. However, I've encountered a problem I haven't seen mentioned elsewhere and was wondering if it's a settings issue on my part. I have one of the newer HD DVR's (received it last September). When the new HD GUI was downloaded, I noticed there is a program timing bar at the bottom of the screen that's active whenever i acces the guide or any of the menu functions. This program timing bar obscures the last entry on the program guide, forcing me to scroll down to see what the channel/program is. This program timing bar also obscures commands when accessing the menu and it's functions as well as Caller ID. As you can imagine, this is very annoying. I've accessed the menu and settings to see if I can remove or resize the picture so his doesn't happen, to no avail.

Has anyone else experienced this and offer a solution?

Thanks.

my time bar only comes up when a DVR function is applied, such as pause. why is yours up during normal operation?

its size and placement are hard coded.

my time bar only comes up when a DVR function is applied, such as pause. why is yours up during normal operation?

My time bar appears whenever I hit "guide", "info", "list", or any of the menu functions. It is particularly troubling when accessing my recorded programs list as it obscures my options at the bottom of the page. Same with Caller ID.

maybe someone else will chime in as the DOES sound like an issue (that should not be happening) . have you tried a reset?

you need to like the model and the firmware version number too.

I had a weird issue also where a box would pop up saying basically to hit Red for video controls (I think). Very similar to the issue you describe albeit a different popup box...basically I cured it by a red button reset. Maybe that'll do it for you, although I must say I was on a CE version with an hr-24. YMMV.

So the rollout should be complete by 1/25 then according to that spreadsheet?

For whatever reason I couldn't sort it by State then DMA. Excel kept complaining about some merged cell thing but wouldn't tell me which cell was merged. I saved as CSV then reloaded it and was able to sort. Then I saw this Thursday 1/19 its stated to roll out in PA. However I know some people who've had it already.

Got it here last night/this morning. It's as fast as everyone said it would be, and the bottom black bar is as big and obtrusive as others have noted. I only had a few minutes before work today to play with it, but so far, I have a positive impression of the changes overall.

Got it here last night/this morning. It's as fast as everyone said it would be, and the bottom black bar is as big and obtrusive as others have noted. I only had a few minutes before work today to play with it, but so far, I have a positive impression of the changes overall.

I received it on two of the four HD dvr's last night. I wonder if it will still be as fast in 48 hours after the guide is completely filled with info again.

I've had my upgrade for over a week now & the thing is definitely operating on turbo mode ...I've never seen the guide interface this fast......hope it lasts too.

Ok this why i ask about the HDGUI uprade, We got the down load last night i have 3 hr24 & a hr 20 and a HR34. all got the upgrade but the (HR34).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)