New HD is up!

I have Dish America Silver and I hot a whopping zero new channels. .
Sadly, us old TurboHD folks are still waiting for all the HD channels that were suppose to make the large '09 price hike so "worth it" (that Dish's words) for us. Instead TurboHD folks got a larger price higher and fewer new HD channels (than other packages). At first Dish made bogus excuses saying it was content owner's fault we weren't getting the new channels, but the more HD I see get added -- that we don't get -- really makes that look more and more like that excuse was just a lie.

Meanwhile, Dish Network is rubbing salt in the wound by giving really old AbsoluteHD customers -- who haven't had any price hike in years -- more new HD channels that we don't get.

Don't worry you aren't the only one that got a whopping zero channels. I have a 61.5/110/119 setup. Gonna wait it out though i dont really care for any of the new channels. Except for tru tv.

And i'm not going to bother with it right now as there is two feet of snow on the ground. I expect them to light these channels up on the 61.5. Worst comes to worst and everything moves to 129 they have to come replace my equipment free. right?

Don't worry you aren't the only one that got a whopping zero channels. I have a 61.5/110/119 setup. Gonna wait it out though i dont really care for any of the new channels. Except for tru tv.

I have the same feeling about them. I don't really care since I have cable for channels like ESPNU HD , Fox Sports Tennessee HD and MLB HD. It would have been nice to get just one channel to fall through the cracks though.

I haven't read anything about a fix to get them to 61.5. I'm sure it'll happen. No clue when.

Well I chatted online regarding the new HD channels not being on the 61.5 and here is a clue.....

Me: will these channels be put on 61.5?

DISH REP: Yes, they will soon launch those channels in your orbital location. However, we don't have the time frame.

Hey Guys, I just want to update my situation:

I just got off the phone with Dish Network after an HOUR of talking to a regular CSR and then her Supervisor. Both of them coming to the same conclusion:

I cannot get the new HD without removing my International Channels or my HD Locals. I have to sacrifice something because I'm receiving 4 signals. I have a Superdish and a Dish 500 pointed at 61.5 for my HD Locals.
You will still have only 4 signals if you keep the Superdish only for 118, and then replace the Dish 500 with a Dish 1000.4 "Eastern Arc" dish.

This will not work with any SD receiver that is not a "ViP" receiver (all HD receivers are ViP receivers).

Got Screwed out of my HD channels tonight

I called Dish at 5:20 EST to complain to Dish about the lack of New HD for me, as I have 119, 110, and 61.5, on my CELL Phone.

Dish offered a $95 Dollar Dish Upgrade, told them forget it, and said it should be free because I've been a Customer since 1997, and I purchased all 4 Secondary receiver, and I'm already upset my Bill is going up $51 dollars per month. They persuade me to add the DHPP insurance in return I was told me the Dish upgrade would be $15 bucks I agree.

The CSR asked me if it was alright to turn off the HD channels, to which I said only if it was temporary as I did not want the HD channels off as my Family was intending to watch the HD channels tonight. The CSR assured me once the order was created the HD channels would be turned back on, so again, I agreed.

This CELL phone conversation persisted through me preparing dinner, eating dinner, driving to my Wednesday Night event and up till the beginning of said event at 6:30 EST, all the while being forwarded on several times to several different people with Dish Network. Finally I was assured everything was taken care of and the Tech would be out Friday Morning, the earliest appointment I could get, (which is fine as I work at home).

Well, I roll back in at home at about 9:30 to find all my HD channels are OFF, I'm PIS%$D, the Family is PIS#$D. Called Dish back again, only to find I'm SOL until Friday. Gee, thanks I guess I'll just have to skip all the Timers set for Thursday. Seriously, is that the lamest Customer service system EVER, terminating a service I've already paid up front for till Dish gets out their COLLECTIVE to install a third Dish which is only needed for 8 of the 70 or so HD channels. 1 and half hours of Cell Phone minutes and I agreed to pay a small fee plus add the DHPP plan.

In the end I'm really not happy, but I'm stuck until my 722K Dish'n it up promotion is completed in 9 months, plus I still have Center Ice with Dish til the end of the season. If DirecTV would get Versus back I'd churn over to them once the NHL Season is over, especially considering the ridiculous equipment fees Dish is now charging.

John

Last edited:
Well, I roll back in at home at about 9:30 to find all my HD channels are OFF, I'm PIS%$D, the Family is PIS#$D. Called Dish back again, only to find I'm SOL until Friday. Gee, thanks I guess I'll just have to skip all the Timers set for Thursday. Seriously, is that the lamest Customer service system EVER, terminating a service I've already paid up front for till Dish gets out their COLLECTIVE to install a third Dish which is only needed for 8 of the 70 or so HD channels.

John

John, not to pour salt in your wounds (I had the same experience with the HD channels being off), but when you live on the bleeding edge, sometimes there is blood... as in, you knew it was risky based on this thread, you have to be willing to accept that they dont have a plan if you are calling them up like that for 8 new channels that haven't really officially been rolled out yet.

I called too, but I accepted the consequences with it. I do agree that their system is stupid. I talked to another rep tonight about it, and was told by tech support that they cant just "add" an upgrade like that... its almost as if they have to remove something and then schedule the workorder so that when the workorder is filled, the problem gets resolved and whatever they removed is put back.

Next time though, don't be bleeding edge!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)