New HD Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

timmac

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 18, 2005
Senoia, Georgia
Well, after great negotiations, I have a new HD DVR. My new one has a different light bar than my old one. The old one looked like dots, this one is more blended. I don't use it much, but when I do I am unable to pause it. It also won't change channels very quickly. When in this mode I have to reset it and then it starts working again even though it takes some time to populate all the channels. Anyone know what is going on? Is there a software version that I can force to help this problem? Any help would be appreciated.

What's your model number? The HD *DVR* is the HR20 and it caches the guide data so that on reboot the guide data for the next couple days is intact. Almost sounds to me like you might have the H20 which is the non-DVR unit.

No its definately HD DVR. I will find out the specifics when I get home tonight. I know the two DVR models that I have are not the same. One of the main problems is the ability to rewind the buffer. If I do a power reset everything works as far as the DVR functions but some of the channels are missing. They begin to populate....for example. Yesterday after it came up I changed the channel down from 79 and the next channel was 72. When manually put 78 it says channel not available. Ten minutes later going down from 79, 78 is available but no 75, 74... I'm assuming they come back. Like I said, not a big concern this is my second TV in my workout room and I only use it while riding the stationary bike.

What's your model number? The HD *DVR* is the HR20 and it caches the guide data so that on reboot the guide data for the next couple days is intact. Almost sounds to me like you might have the H20 which is the non-DVR unit.

Sounds to me like he has the HR20-100.
However, I am not sure why your having trouble changing channels.
Changing the Native as mentioned before should quicken things up a bit.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

HR20 installer in Dallas?

911 Help Horrible Install Happening Now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)