NEW HD RUMOR; 24 HD Channels for DirecTV..Bye bye Voom

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The local cable company here, Insight Communications doesn't have InHD1 or 2. I can't get it no matter who our TV provider is. Everytime I go to my best friend's house in SC I always catch what's on InHD since I can't get it yet.

I really hope D* can get it soon. I would think the cable co's that own InHD would want this additional revenue.

Here's a thought: Why can't D* E* and V* collaberate and get their own set of HD channels just for satellite? I'm not talking about V* exclusives.

Does anyone know whats going on at VOOM? I am hearing some buzz VOOM will be out of the world this Saturday...

Anyone know what it can mean?

We will have more than what is known in October I hope but my contact has been hinting that deals for some HD channels are done beyond the Fox and NBC deals so that is hopefull and expect some sort of announcement soon but I was told that Bravo HD+ was added earlier for the US Open and if it weren't for this we would not have Bravo HD+ right now because they have been planning to add many channels at once and Bravo HD had to be offered earlier or no deal.

Now like others have said the InHD channels have to by law be offered to any provider at a similiar price and that is law so quit thinking that just because its owned by cable companies that this won't change. The only thing that is left exclusive that is on satellite is the NFL Sunday Ticket only on DirecTV and this was because the NFL was grandfathered in with DirecTV and if DirecTV doesn't outbid for this the NFL would loose the grandfathered option at that point but I think soon if will be available to every company because its so much money but right now DirecTV pays for it to gain customers and they will do so until such time as the NFL either decides to not make DirecTV to sole provider or until DirecTV doesn't outbid other providers.

Now beyond the NFL Sunday Ticket the only way to make programming not available to others is to send it via fiber or anything else that isn't satellite and this really leaves only fiber and this costs lots of money and the only things that have been sent via fiber has been RSN such as Comcast Sports Nets in certain areas as well as other RSN as well.

But right now InHD 1&2 is on a satellite and has to be offered to any provider that wants it and for most companies its much better to offer it and get revenue than it is too close it off and pay lots of money. Right now the content on InHD will not sell for the price that it will end up costing if sent via fiber to all InHD owned providers.

They would go out of business very quickly and the only content that really can pay for itself being sent via fiber are local sports via an RSN.

Hell Raiser said:
Movies for TNT, MAX and TMC now show that little HD symbol next to the listing.

WTF?? can it be true???

For real tho! (LOL)? I THINK I read something about this on another Satellite site. I just have a GUT feeling that TNT HD WILL be one of the rumored new D* HD channels (neutral postition on this channel), BUT I'm HOPING D* will get add CINEMAX HD SOON!

[The Cinemax pacakge will be the first premium package I've subscribed to in a long time (last time was for "Band of Brothers & "The Mind of the Married Man").]

- forgive me if there are any grammatical lay-out errors

I just commited to D* for another year........Ron at Customer Retention told me something very interesting............He told me that D* originally was going to offer the HD package in late September ......BUT customers keeped calling and demanding the NEW Rumored HD package and the BIG wigs of D*caved in and released the HD package 2 months early......Ron told me that D* was worried that they would lose customer's.....thats why there was so MANY bugs on the HD channels when they were first released...........He also told me that HE and many other personell at D* surf these sites to keep up with the customers!!!!!!!!!!!!He told me he and many others go daily to SatelliteGuys,AVSforum,DBStalk and HDTV voice.............SO IF ANY D* EMPLOYEES ARE LOOKING AT THIS.....................I WANT........ TNTHD BY SEPTEMBER 11TH...........PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEE...IM BEGGING YOU

If they are indeed reading this I, and I know a lot of other D* subs, would like to see InHD 1 and 2 added as well.

If this request isn't possible by the 11th ................D* will you atleast put it on the HD special channel....I want to watch the Nascar race at Richmond in HD...........February 5th 2005 at Daytona is the next Nascar race in HD..thats just to far away for me to even think about now!!!!

According to my friend at Turner (Time Warner) says this is not the case.

I trust this person they are the ones who told me TNT-HD was coming to Dish, which helped me break the news before everyone else. :D

It would seem to me that if D*plans on releasing alot of HD channels at once...then the weekend of September 11th would be the time..........the FOX HD channels going online in HD ....and the NFL Sunday Ticket starting that weekend also.....this would be a backbreaker deal for D*.......it just makes sense to me!!!!Is anybody else thinking like me?????

Doesn't VOOM have and exclusive contract on Playboy HD for a certain period of time? I forget.

Anyone remember?

According to the Press Release, VOOM was paying for the HD content and it was going to be exclusive to VOOM for the first two years. So by next year it will not be exclusive anymore.

Thanks Sean,

I knew i remembered something like that.

So Playboy-HD could not be on D* until at least October of 2005. So scratch that channel off the possibilities.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts